The Administrative Manager will develop and manage robust operations, fundraising, and impact tracking systems to enable Harness to achieve its mission to connect communities through conversation to inspire action and power change. The Administrative Manager will lead a lean operations department, working closely with the Deputy Director. This is an exciting opportunity to contribute to the scaling of a growing national organization working at the intersection of social justice, cultural strategy, and pop culture. You will be joining a multidisciplinary, passionate, hard working and fun loving team.
- As a manager with Harness, your general responsibilities across workstreams will include:
- Develop and implement projects, creating plans to guide execution;
- Organize and manage processes, initiating new processes as necessary;
- Analyze information and implement strategies to solve problems;
- Create mechanisms and serve as a channel to solicit and respond to internal and external stakeholders input;
- Supervise select consultants and vendors;
- Responsible for organizational budget tracking, and operational aspects of contractor management;
- Stay abreast of trends, best practices, new technologies, and current issues within areas of responsibility.
Specific areas of responsibility include:
- Internal communication, workflows, project management and information management systems
- Administration of a remote national office, and potentially physical office(s) when safety precautions allow
- Setup, utilization, and maintenance of Salesforce and Validity CRM
- Nurture and shape team culture to reflect Harness values
- Establish and maintain best practices with digital security
- Establish, maintain and improve technology tools and systems, and communication between these systems
- Streamline, coordinate, and reconcile financial management in partnership with finance team
- Human resource management and administration including hiring, onboarding, and compliance
- Point person for Justworks, Harness’s PEO
- Consultant and vendor contract development and management
- Administrative support for leadership team, including managing select scheduling requests and travel arrangements (when travel resumes)
- Coordinate foundation, individual donor, and corporate fundraising (prospecting, proposal writing, grant reporting, meeting management, communication, etc)
- Coordinate administrative responsibilities for Board of Director meetings
- Build out and manage fundraising tracking systems in Salesforce
Learning and Evaluation
- Coordinate and improve impact tracking systems
- Support production of impact reports
- Coordinate team planning and evaluation retreats
- Provide administrative support as possible to programs and events, such as budget tracking, contracts, legal, logistics and production operations
Other duties as assigned.
- 5+ years of related experience in an administrative or operations role, with experience managing staff, consultants, and/or volunteers
- Demonstrates alignment with Harness mission and values
- Highly organized with a meticulous attention to detail
- Unwavering commitment to excellence in organizational and project management
- Track record of building efficient systems and processes
- Communicates effectively both in written form and live / on your feet
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Able to manage multiple tasks simultaneously and thrive in a complex, fast-paced environment. Understand when things require precision and where 80% gets you to the desired outcome
- Works hard and wants to have fun while doing so. You celebrate wins and enjoy the journey!
- Track record for translating strategic thinking into action plans and output. Drives results.
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Able to anticipate future needs of your teammates and make it easy for others to make decisions.
- Excels at forming and maintaining strong working relationships with diverse groups of people.
- Team player, who values collaboration, while also able to work independently
- Familiar with Quickbooks or other accounting software
- CRM / database management, ideally Salesforce
- High-level proficiency with G-Suite
Nice to haves
- Work or volunteer experience in the nonprofit sector, social movements, politics and/or media and entertainment industry
- Experience with diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Proficiency with Asana, Slack and/or other project management tools a plus
What Else You Should Know
Location: Remote. When COVID safety measures allow, this position may require travel (primarily to Los Angeles and New York).
Reports to: Deputy Director
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Salary range: $60,000-70,000 commensurate with experience. Benefits include medical, vision, and dental insurance, generous paid leave, and an employer contribution to your retirement fund.