The Development Operations Manager takes responsibility for the management of data across systems within the LA’s BEST Development team. This important work centers around managing the constituent database, which is currently transitioning from Raiser’s Edge to Salesforce. The Development Operations Manager also oversees data captured from our website and from third party apps. Lastly, the Development Operations Manager ensures the integrity of contacts, revenue, and other data by analyzing information and providing regular reports to leadership.
This role is perfect for a problem solver who knows these systems well enough to make insightful recommendations about best practices and effective strategies for our nonprofit. The ultimate goal is to leverage the organization’s database and systems to best meet the needs of the Development team and the organization.
The Development Operations Manager’s activities include:
- Salesforce Administration: Configure objects, fields, flows and integrations to support CRM strategy across all teams.
- Pardot Administration: Configure objects, fields, assets (ex. Form Handlers) and integrations to support marketing, monitor storage, and maintain lead/prospect lists.
- Serve as primary admin and point of contact for all 3rd party apps (current list: Conga, Experian, Click & Pledge, iwave, OneCause). Manage translations, maintain apps, and coordinate with developers when needed.
- Create and maintain developer and training files and other internal procedural documents.
- Responsible for data entry and gift processing, including ongoing maintenance and integrity of the database, ensuring the data is accurate, current and consistent across systems. Develop & enforce data quality procedures (ex. naming conventions).
- Advise and build automated engagement plans (NPSP & Pardot), email journeys, rules, and other automations to support multi-touch outreach and moves management.
- Responsible for generation of data and report requests by staff pertaining to Salesforce, Pardot. Segment and pull CRM donor lists for mailings, invitations, and other purposes. Confirm matching donation requests. Ensure timely delivery of donor acknowledgements.
- Provide guidance on systems-related projects or projects pertaining to CRM strategy, to collect and track key data points.
- Responsible for the creation, coordination and analysis of donor/supporter data to provide recommendations and support Development goals.
- Handle all data with tact and discretion, recognizing the confidential nature of LA’s BEST business.
Training & Staff Support
- Onboard & train staff on how to use various systems. Encourage a culture of systems learning and compliance with new protocols and best practices. Troubleshoot issues.
- Support the entire organization through major system updates and migrations. Ensure seamless transition for staff by defining transition strategy, gathering input from users, prioritizing features and rigorous testing.
- Project-management across systems initiatives from start to finish, including giving updates to stakeholders.
- Stay on top of features relevant to fundraising and marketing efforts, make suggestions, and implement tools that will optimize use of Salesforce & Pardot.
- Collaborate with the Finance Department, providing reports and reconciling information.
- Hands-on Salesforce administration and implementation experience, Salesforce Nonprofit Success Pack (NPSP) and understanding of best practices and functionality within Salesforce for nonprofits preferred
- Experience in Salesforce-based data analysis to determine trends, and provide recommendations to senior management and external stakeholders by building visually compelling dashboards.
- Strong understanding of email marketing tools preferred (Salesforce Marketing Cloud and/or Pardot a plus)
- Proven ability to design and implement new processes and facilitate user adoption
- Experience building new programs and processes within Salesforce at a fast pace, with an eye towards sound yet flexible processes that promote sustainable program growth
- Experience managing projects involving integration across systems and departments
- Advanced MS Office skills preferable
- Ability to project manage effectively
- Ability to problem solve and provide valuable insights and recommendations
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Able to work evening/weekend events as needed
LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program
Explore. Engage. Expand.
Established in 1988, LA’s BEST provides safe, supervised afterschool enrichment for more than 25,000 unique and talented elementary school students in neighborhoods with the highest needs and fewest resources. Through our deliberately developed programming and staff, we build the kind of deep intellectual, creative, physical and social engagement in children that drives their development as motivated learners and active contributors to their education, schools and communities. Due to the global coronavirus pandemic, we are currently unable to serve youth in afterschool the way we usually do, LA’s BEST’s commitment to the children of Los Angeles remains the same. We are using this time as an opportunity to support and strengthen our staff, provide essential services to our communities and virtually engage students.