The Development & Communications Coordinator is a key member of the LA’s BEST Development team who works on communications, fundraising, and administrative projects. The Development & Communications Coordinator’s activities include:
- Assist with the writing, design, and reporting of direct/digital campaigns and marketing materials.
- Create and organize social media posts, including original content and video.
- Lead the design of email blasts, and assist with content creation and calendar management.
- Update the website using WordPress.
- Organize content and photos from team members that will be used for promotion.
- Support events by helping create and organize collateral materials (print and digital).
- Perform regular reporting and analytics across all platforms to inform strategy.
- Research prospective donors and other fundraising sources.
- Manage the Development Dashboard and Pipelines within Salesforce, reporting as requested.
- Support data entry, tracking, and management for gifts and donor profiles.
- Support Moves Management within Salesforce and Pardot to enhance communication with donors and increase conversion.
- Assist with managing external partners and producing partnership deliverables.
- Correspond with donors and other supporters via email, mail, and phone.
- Help prepare meeting materials, including written briefings and analytical reports on fundraising.
- Manage department calendar and meetings, taking and sharing notes as needed.
- Coordinate site visits with the Operations team, and ability to lead visits with external participants.
- Maintain LA’s BEST/City Hall job listings.
- Organize the Development Department Google Drive, keeping documents up to date with regular efforts to back up data.
- Bachelor's degree and 3+ years of professional working experience.
- Excellent tech skills, including Microsoft Office and Google; familiarity with Canva and Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator) a plus.
- Experience with social media design and outreach.
- Experience with fundraising databases and email marketing platforms; familiarity with Salesforce and Pardot a plus.
- Video editing skills are a plus.
- Exceptional communication skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences.
- Ability to prioritize concurrent projects with a high level of attention to detail.
- A flexible schedule with availability on some nights and weekends.
- Demonstrated interest in nonprofit work and a strong commitment to the mission of LA’s BEST.
LA’s BEST Afterschool Enrichment Program
Explore. Engage. Expand.
Established in 1988, LA’s BEST provides safe, supervised afterschool enrichment for more than 25,000 unique and talented elementary school students in neighborhoods with the highest needs and fewest resources. Through our deliberately developed programming and staff, we build the kind of deep intellectual, creative, physical and social engagement in children that drives their development as motivated learners and active contributors to their education, schools and communities. Due to the global coronavirus pandemic, we are currently unable to serve youth in afterschool the way we usually do, LA’s BEST’s commitment to the children of Los Angeles remains the same. We are using this time as an opportunity to support and strengthen our staff, provide essential services to our communities and virtually engage students.