Propper Daley seeks a strategically-minded communications professional with a penchant for creative ideation and a passion for making lasting social change.
At Propper Daley, everyone plays a role in accelerating impact. Doing good - and doing it well - requires us all to approach our work with accountability, knowledge, creativity, and commitment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to think creatively, boldly, and practically about how to tackle some of the biggest social issues of today.
The primary function of this position is to support the execution and management of the day-to-day work of the Marketing & Communications Department for the agency’s individual, nonprofit, and corporate clients.
Key responsibilities include:
Manage project priorities against and across all work plans to enable team-wide execution.
- Independently develop, manage, and execute against and across work plans for the Marketing & Communications Department and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Manage against project priorities.
- Appropriately track hours against client work.
- Identify opportunities to create efficiencies in the work.
- Appropriately utilize organizational processes, including, but not limited to: Document organization; Time tracking system; Project management system.
- Support management of third party vendors and partners against project plans and timelines.
- Manage and track budgets for marketing and communications work.
- Understand the role of the Marketing & Communications Department across client scopes of work.
Support the Department to complete deliverables as specified in the project scope.
- Develop first drafts of work product including, but not limited to: decks, memos, and messaging.
- Ensure work developed meets Propper Daley's quality control standards including proper grammar, proper formatting, integrity, and originality.
- Complete assigned work in line with strategic objectives and within time allocated.
- Support the Department in meeting client expectations.
- Manage aspects of the execution of social impact activations and events.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Identify potential challenges in client work and propose innovative solutions by developing a deep understanding of relevant issue areas, recognizing interconnections between topics and ideas, and synthesizing findings from research.
- Support implementation of roles on the marketing and communications team and appropriately leverage Department resources available.
- Contribute to the development of strategic recommendations, taking into account client goals, strengths, available assets, and key gaps/opportunities in their field of interest.
- Conduct marketing and communications research that may include: audience mapping, trends research, stakeholder interviews, landscape analysis, and message testing.
- Synthesize research to surface key findings and identify solutions and strategies that further clients' marketing and communications work that may include: strategic opportunity identification, messaging development, brand identity development, campaign storytelling development, and media relations cultivation.
- Understand and leverage interconnections between topics or ideas across clients' work to advance and develop strategies and tactics.
- Leverage marketing, communications, and issue-area expertise to identify potential challenges in client work and present creative and actionable solutions.
- Track both internal and client feedback on deliverables.
- Leverage marketing and communications tools and platforms to support the analysis of client work and proposed ideas.
- Participate in the Post Mortem process to support refinement of the Department's work.
- Support efforts to grow Propper Daley’s knowledge, work, and brand.
- Continuously grow and apply knowledge of marketing and communications expertise and the larger social impact industry.
- Share relevant industry and issue articles with the Propper Daley team to advance social impact, marketing, communications, and client-specific knowledge.
- Support promotion of Propper Daley's work and impact by contributing to project case studies and other thought leadership pieces, as time allows.
Effectively communicate internally across the agency and to clients and partners around work.
- Independently and effectively communicate internally across the client and central office teams.
- Support client team in representing the Marketing & Communications Department when reporting out to clients and partners.
- Take notes and track and report out on next steps for all calls and meetings.
Participate in individual and Department growth, and manage up to supervisor to ensure success of work.
- Participate in a positive and inclusive agency culture and work environment by building productive and positive working relationships with all team members.
- Manage up to supervisor to ensure success of work.
- Proactively seek opportunities for training that advances marketing, communications, and social impact knowledge and skills.
- Participate in performance evaluation and professional development opportunities.
- Provide support to new team members through onboarding.
- Provide superior service to support renewal and growth of clients.
This position executes against the following reporting structure:
Reports to: Manager, Marketing & Communications
Direct Reports: Associate, Marketing & Communications
MORE ABOUT US
A social impact agency based in Hollywood, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We hope to serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, tacticians and all-around utility players as they move their important work forward. Each member of the Propper Daley team brings a diverse set of relevant expertise that uniquely positions us to get things done. This includes proven experience in coalition-driven social change, leadership of high-stakes political campaigns, experience building a shared policy agenda in arenas with fractured opinion, convening powerful learning communities to drive coordinated action, and supporting the growth and evolution of individual change agents.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
MORE ABOUT YOU
- SEASONED STRATEGIST: You have 3-4 years of experience developing complex, executable, and well-thought-out strategies. Others easily understand your thinking and get excited about your ideas.
- BIG (YET PRAGMATIC) THINKER: You dream big, and you channel that creativity through to a concrete plan. You are familiar with what it takes to build and execute new initiatives from scratch - you know what ingredients are needed (partners, funders, etc.), and you bring them together beautifully. You anticipate challenges ahead of time. Everyone involved is not only clear about what the plan is, but they are also inspired by the possibilities.
- FLEXIBLE AND RESPONSIVE: You work best in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and remain calm and level-headed when required to change course and/or re-prioritize. You understand that working on the most pressing issues means that you have to move at the pace of current events, and you are excited to dive in whenever needed.
- A FIXER: You love solving problems and view it as an actual talent that is developed, honed and displayed with ever-increasing proficiency and grace.
- CLEAR COMMUNICATOR AND TRUSTED ADVISOR: You share information and advice with clients and partners in a way that is clear, useful and inspires deep confidence. This starts with strong internal communication within your team and across departments.
- DETAIL-ORIENTED: You pay attention to detail so that small issues do not derail our work. Because of your attention and thoughtfulness, our team and clients are able to execute on the work and recommendations with ease..
- PASSIONATE AND KIND: You are passionate about changing lives and changing the world. And, you realize that the only way to accomplish this is through teamwork, kindness, humility and taking care of yourself and your colleagues.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
You will wake up everyday knowing that you are helping to address some of the most important, intractable challenges facing our communities and the world.
Organizationally, you will help build out and grow Propper Daley’s Client Services department, positively impacting all systems and processes within Propper Daley.
You will be part of a diverse team of brilliant, kind, creative thinkers and doers who love to learn, grow, and have fun while doing it.
You will further develop your ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced environment.