At Propper Daley, everyone plays a role in accelerating impact. Doing good - and doing it well - requires us all to approach our work with accountability, knowledge, creativity, and commitment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to think creatively, boldly, and practically about how to tackle some of the biggest social issues of today.
The primary function of this position is to support the day-to-day work of an Account Pod that serves high-profile social impact clients who are focused on leveraging their platform to create impact.
Key responsibilities include:
Develop and execute against individual work plans and provide support to Account Pod to ensure all deadlines are met.
- Independently develop and execute against detailed plans for assigned clients and ensure all deadlines are met.
- Provide support to the internal client team to enable team-wide execution.
- Appropriately track hours against client work.
- Appropriately utilize organizational processes, including, but not limited to: Document organization; Time tracking system; Project management system.
- Ensure client services third party vendors and partners receive timelines and next steps.
- Support tracking of budgets for client work.
- Understand scope of work for clients and role of internal departments across work.
Independently execute work effectively and efficiently and support the Account Pod to meet expectations.
- Contribute to the development, planning, and execution of fast-paced, rapid-response social impact activations and events.
- Support the development of first drafts of work product (including internal documents and client deliverables).
- Support client team in meeting client expectations and have an understanding of client priorities.
- Ensure all work developed meets Propper Daley's quality control standards including proper grammar, proper formatting, integrity, and originality.
- Complete assigned work in line with strategic objectives and within time allocated.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Understand how tasks relate, identify potential challenges, and propose solutions.
- Understand roles on the client team and how to appropriately leverage resources available (such as Central Office Department, third party vendors, tools, etc.).
- Contribute to the development of proactive and responsive strategic recommendations.
- Support Central Office to conduct research, surface key findings, identify strategies and solutions, and develop recommendations.
- Identify potential challenges in client work and propose solutions.
- Track both internal and client feedback on deliverables.
- Support management of analysis of executed strategies.
- Participate in the postmortem process to support refinement of clients’ work.
- Support efforts to grow Propper Daley’s knowledge, work, and brand.
- Continuously grow and apply client services expertise, knowledge of client issue areas, and knowledge of the larger social impact industry.
- Stay on top of current events and share relevant and interesting articles with the Propper Daley team to advance social impact and client-specific knowledge.
- Support promotion of Propper Daley's work and impact by contributing to client and project case studies and other thought leadership pieces, as time allows.
Have an understanding of what needs to be communicated and how internally and externally, and participate as appropriate.
- Build strong relationships and act as a reliable point of contact for client work internally to support execution of the work.
- Build an understanding of what needs to be communicated to clients, partners, and internal teams, and support communications, when appropriate.
- Develop excellent written communications to support client work including, but not limited to: emails, memos, decks, briefing books, etc.
- Take notes and track next steps in all communications.
Participate in individual and Account Pod growth, and manage up to supervisor to ensure success of work.
- Participate in a positive and inclusive agency culture and work environment by building productive and positive working relationships with all team members.
- Manage up to supervisor to ensure success of client work.
- Proactively seek opportunities for training that advances client services and social impact knowledge and skills.
- Participate in performance evaluation and professional development opportunities.
- Provide support to new team members through onboarding.
- Provide superior service to support renewal and growth of clients.
This position executes against the following reporting structure:
Reports to: Director, Client Services, Individual
MORE ABOUT US
A social impact agency based in Hollywood, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We hope to serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, tacticians and all-around utility players as they move their important work forward. Each member of the Propper Daley team brings a diverse set of relevant expertise that uniquely positions us to get things done. This includes proven experience in coalition-driven social change, leadership of high-stakes political campaigns, experience building a shared policy agenda in arenas with fractured opinion, convening powerful learning communities to drive coordinated action, and supporting the growth and evolution of individual change agents.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
MORE ABOUT YOU
- SEASONED STRATEGIST: You have 3-4 years of experience developing complex, executable, and well-thought-out strategies. Others easily understand your thinking and get excited about your ideas.
- BIG (YET PRAGMATIC) THINKER: You dream big, and you channel that creativity through to a concrete plan. You are familiar with what it takes to build and execute new initiatives from scratch - you know what ingredients are needed (partners, funders, etc.), and you bring them together beautifully. You anticipate challenges ahead of time. Everyone involved is not only clear about what the plan is, but they are also inspired by the possibilities.
- FLEXIBLE AND RESPONSIVE: You work best in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and remain calm and level-headed when required to change course and/or re-prioritize. You understand that working on the most pressing issues means that you have to move at the pace of current events, and you are excited to dive in whenever needed.
- A FIXER: You love solving problems and view it as an actual talent that is developed, honed and displayed with ever-increasing proficiency and grace.
- CLEAR COMMUNICATOR AND TRUSTED ADVISOR: You share information and advice with clients and partners in a way that is clear, useful and inspires deep confidence. This starts with strong internal communication within your team and across departments.
- DETAIL-ORIENTED: You pay attention to detail so that small issues do not derail our work. Because of your attention and thoughtfulness, our team and clients are able to execute on the work and recommendations with ease..
- PASSIONATE AND KIND: You are passionate about changing lives and changing the world. And, you realize that the only way to accomplish this is through teamwork, kindness, humility and taking care of yourself and your colleagues.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
You will wake up everyday knowing that you are helping to address some of the most important, intractable challenges facing our communities and the world.
Organizationally, you will help build out and grow Propper Daley’s Client Services department, positively impacting all systems and processes within Propper Daley.
You will be part of a diverse team of brilliant, kind, creative thinkers and doers who love to learn, grow, and have fun while doing it.
You will further develop your ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced environment.