Propper Daley seeks an experienced digital professional with agency experience, who is passionate about making lasting social change.
At Propper Daley, everyone plays a role in accelerating impact. Doing good - and doing it well - requires us all to approach our work with accountability, knowledge, creativity, and commitment. Through this position, you will have the opportunity to think creatively, boldly, and practically about how to tackle some of the biggest social issues of today.
As part of the Marketing & Communications Team, the primary function of this position is to manage and support the growth of the Digital & New Media Department that delivers for the agency’s individual, nonprofit, and corporate clients. Specifically, this position will oversee the strategy development for clients’ digital and new media work, lead the growth of the Digital & New Media Department, and identify and create best practices within the social impact space.
Key responsibilities include:
Set priorities across the department's clients and troubleshoot as needed.
- Set priorities across the department, trouble-shoot, and contribute to the work to ensure timelines, client priorities, department priorities, hours, and budgets are met.
- Review department’s hours reports and provide necessary recommendations to department leadership that advance client work and department growth goals.
- Oversee and champion organizational process adherence across the Digital & New Media Department, including, but not limited to: Document organization; Time tracking system; Project management system; Cash flow reporting.
- Oversee management of all digital & new media third party vendors.
- Review, ensure alignment with department leadership, and approve recommendations of needed third party vendors provided by the department team.
- Support identification and management of needed third party vendors and ensure the department appropriately leverages templates and Operations Department to establish accuracy contracts and policies.
- Support the department in identifying and managing potential non-vendor strategic partners with whom to engage in order to advance client and department needs.
- Support development of the Digital & New Media Department budget, and support development and management of project budgets.
Drive the department's work through the team, and ensure consistent alignment towards achieving client goals.
- Ensure new clients and projects are successfully onboarded to the department by supporting the team in understanding the goal, roles and responsibilities, hours, timeline, and all other contexts to be able to execute successfully.
- Ensure client satisfaction by supporting the department in identifying potential misalignment in expectations of digital and new media work with clients and internal departments, develop plans for how to manage expectations in the best interest of the work and the contract, and engage department leadership when necessary.
- Ensure the department is identifying, developing, planning, preparing, and executing creative and impactful digital and new media social impact activations and events that serve client goals and contracted scope.
- Review all major digital and new media materials, deliverables, and content, including, but not limited to: strategy memos and decks, social media management, content calendars, sample social copy and digital toolkits, newsletters, analytics reports, daily social media posts, content creation, and website builds.
- Ensure all work developed by the department is in line with client vision, meets Propper Daley’s quality standards including proper grammar, proper formatting, integrity, and originality, and aligns with clients’ industry best practices and standards.
- Ensure department leadership reviews and approves all major client deliverables.
- Provide needed support in the development and execution of greenlit digital and new media strategies.
Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
Assess the needs of the department to support problem-solving and critical thinking in the best interest of all parties (department, agency, client, partner, etc.).
- Support the Marketing and Communications department leadership in determining appropriate roles on digital and new media team for all projects based on scopes, revise and adjust as priorities change and shift, and ensure all digital and new media resources available are utilized appropriately throughout project execution.
- Oversee execution of research, which includes, but is not limited to: listening platform data analysis, audience analysis, trends research, stakeholder interviews, and digital message and campaign landscape analysis.
- Ensure all research is in service of the client goals.
- Identify new methods, processes, systems and tools for the Digital & New Media Department to leverage to conduct research more effectively and efficiently.
- Support the department in developing creative and executable client strategies, including, but not limited to: the digital component(s) of creative campaigns, content creation (e.g. graphics), social media message development, digital distribution, and digital advertising.
- Grow and leverage digital, new media, issue area, and social impact knowledge to create best practices for the Digital & New Media Department, as well as to support the department in developing creative and executable strategies.
- Proactively identify opportunities to craft proactive and responsive strategic recommendations, taking into account client goals, strengths, available assets, and key gaps/opportunities in their field of interest.
- Support the department in analyzing all work and strategies in service of clients and the department.
- Support the department in analyzing issues and opportunities holistically to be able to drive action that considers the best interest of all parties (issue area, department, agency, client, partner, etc.).
- Ensure developed strategies are properly analyzed, evaluated, and adjusted against all forms of feedback to achieve department priorities.
- Identify opportunities to proactively assess impact of strategies and campaigns for client satisfaction, agency promotion, and thought leadership opportunities.
- Identify resources, tools, and best practices to be used across the department to properly evaluate and identify key learnings and impact achieved through clients’ work.
- Actively participate in the postmortem process and support the development of plans for implementing learnings across the department’s work to drive efficiency, create more seamless workflow, increase impact, and develop best practices to be implemented department-wide.
- Participate in furthering Propper Daley’s knowledge, work, and brand.
- Share relevant industry and issue articles with the PD team to advance social impact and client-specific knowledge.
- Identify and develop thought leadership opportunities, as time allows, which may include: Writing thought leadership pieces, attending conferences, writing case studies, writing whitepapers, or sharing relevant news/trends/insights with the agency.
Support department’s communications, both internally and externally, to drive the work forward.
- Support department in communicating and presenting to internal and external stakeholders, and proactively elevate internal and external conversations to leadership as needed to ensure the success of the department’s projects.
- Identify and develop opportunities for the Digital & New Media Department to develop and grow communication and presentation skills.
- Represent the company externally, not only with clients but with prospects and in public fora.
Proactively manage and grow the department by fostering learning opportunities and ensuring alignment on individual and department growth priorities, and manage up to supervisor and senior leadership to ensure success of work.
- Create opportunities to continuously build a positive and inclusive agency culture by developing productive and positive working relationships with and between all team members.
- Manage up to department leadership to ensure the success of the Digital & New Media Department.
- Support the growth of the department.
- Support the Digital & New Media Department by working against departmental goals and priorities.
- Foster learning and professional growth opportunities for the department and ensure alignment on individual and department-wide growth priorities.
- Execute performance evaluations of direct reports, as appropriate/scheduled.
- Provide ongoing management and mentorship to the Digital & New Media Department, and ensure all managers are successfully growing their teams.
- Support in the identification of needs for new hires and staffing adjustments based on hours, capacity, and department budget.
- Support new team members through onboarding, as needed to ensure the success of the department.
- Oversee management of department financial goals for renewal/upsell opportunities by working with department leadership in evaluating current work and promoting additional digital and new media offerings, and support in the development of renewal and upsell contracts.
- Attend meetings and support the development of pitches for prospective clients in which you have the expertise and as capacity allows.
This position executes against the following reporting structure:
Reports to: Vice President, Marketing & Communications
Direct Reports: Manager, Digital & New Media
MORE ABOUT US
A social impact agency based in Hollywood, Propper Daley helps our clients leverage their unique assets to create positive change in the world. We work with influencers, brands and causes, providing both strategic and creative solutions to move the needle on the issues they care most about. Our approach, rooted in behavioral science, moves beyond foundational "awareness raising" to those strategies and ideas that shift the attitudes and perceptions that lead to behavior change.
We believe deeply in working as teams. More often than not, social change requires collaborative creativity, disruption and complex problem solving. We hope to serve our clients as thought-partners, strategists, advisers, tacticians and all-around utility players as they move their important work forward. Each member of the Propper Daley team brings a diverse set of relevant expertise that uniquely positions us to get things done. This includes proven experience in coalition-driven social change, leadership of high-stakes political campaigns, experience building a shared policy agenda in arenas with fractured opinion, convening powerful learning communities to drive coordinated action, and supporting the growth and evolution of individual change agents.
Some of our clients include:
- John Legend and #FREEAMERICA
- The Shawn Mendes Foundation
- Bradley Cooper’s One Family Foundation
- Kerry Washington
- The Call of Duty Endowment
- W.K. Kellogg Foundation
- US Chamber of Commerce Foundation
MORE ABOUT YOU
- SEASONED DIGITAL MARKETING AND COMMS PROFESSIONAL: You have at least 7+ years of digital communications work experience, including the management of digital accounts within an agency. You are driven by the myriad of ways that digital and new media can drive social impact.
- SOCIAL MEDIA GURU: You live and breathe social media. You may have a favorite social platform, but you know how to use them all, and you are always the first of your friends to adopt the new ones You have experience developing content calendars, analyzing analytics, creating and executing paid social strategy, and managing online communities.
- CAMPAIGN-ORIENTED: You work best in an entrepreneurial, fast-paced culture and remain calm and level-headed when required to change course and/or re-prioritize.
- BIG (YET PRAGMATIC) THINKER: You think outside-the-box and dream big, and you channel that creativity through a realistic, executable plan to get things done.
- TRUSTED ADVISOR AND COMMUNICATOR: You have the ability to share information and advice with clients, colleagues and partners in a way that is clear, useful and inspires deep confidence.
- MASTER PLANNER: “Every battle is won or lost before it is fought.” You thrive in the minutiae and, because of your careful planning and ability to see multiple steps ahead, you are always prepared. You believe that process and structure helps you do your job more efficiently. You understand that executing digital campaigns requires exceptional planning and a keen attention to detail.
- PASSIONATE AND KIND: You are passionate about changing lives and changing the world. And, you realize that the only way to accomplish this is through teamwork, kindness, empathy and taking care of yourself and your colleagues.
WHAT YOU WILL GET
You will wake up everyday knowing that you are helping to address some of the most important, intractable challenges facing our communities and the world.
Organizationally, you will help build out and grow Propper Daley’s Client Services department, positively impacting all systems and processes within Propper Daley.
You will be part of a diverse team of brilliant, kind, creative thinkers and doers who love to learn, grow, and have fun while doing it.
You will further develop your ability to thrive in a small, fast-paced environment.