This is a full-time exempt position. Reports to the Operations Director.
Salary: $55,000-60,000 DOE. Plus 401K and health care benefits.
We are looking for a creative storyteller to join an innovative agency that has a proven track record of delivering impactful programs for students K-8. Dramatic Results is an arts education nonprofit that has been delivering human-centered programs to underserved communities for nearly thirty years. Our mission is to make learning real by engaging educators and learners through collaborative hands-on projects that impact the practice of education.
- Develop and manage Marketing Plan to advance the agency’s strategic priorities, engage donors and volunteers, and promote collaboration and partnership
- Oversee consistency and appropriateness of Dramatic Results’ brand identity across platforms and with diverse stakeholders
- Intentional about creating content that is culturally aware and relevant, and open to thinking critically about equity, diversity, access and inclusion (EDAI)—we are not expecting candidates to be experts in EDAI topics, but are looking for someone who is willing to do the work together
- Write website content and oversee site development (WordPress)
- Manage SEO to ensure the agency’s digital marketing initiatives are effective, as well as to optimize the website and social media pages
- Ensure social media presence (through Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and LinkedIn) is relevant, consistent, and tailored to engage target populations
- Execute annual/monthly editorial calendars for social media, web, and email presence
- Interact with and engage social media and email contacts to promote audience growth
- Create and disseminate materials that show our impact via print and online (including, but not limited to newsletters, blogs, videos, brochures, and fact sheets)
- Oversee effective media relations strategy, including pitching stories, writing press releases, program observations and organizing events; develop relationships with members of local and regional media outlets to win earned media attention
- Supervise and contribute to the growth of the Impact and Data Lead
- Take photos and videos of programs/events, as well as collect impact stories from students, educators, and families
- Support all agency special events, working with community partners, vendors, other staff and Board of Directors to ensure success
- Other duties as assigned
- Superior writing and editing skills, with ability to differentiate for varying audiences
- Adroit at communicating via written word, telephone and video conferencing in English; additional second language preferred
- Proven track record of both developing and implementing a Marketing Plan to increase Dramatic Results’ brand awareness and reach
- 3 years experience in Marketing; background in nonprofits or education preferred
- 2 years of direct supervisory experience of paid employees preferred
- Provide friendly, human-centered customer service and represent the agency and our mission in a professional and positive manner
- Follow-up on assignments, shows initiative, self-motivated, and has a strong work ethic
- Up-to-date with trends and marketing best practices and able to work within a budget
- Must be extremely well-versed in Social Media management software (such as HootSuite, SproutSocial, Buffer, Percolate), Blogging Tools (Wordpress, Squarespace CMS), Email Service Providers (Mailchimp, Constant Contact, CovertKit), and Graphic Design (Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, Canva); experience with a donor database is a plus
- Can be trusted to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Requires some evening/weekend work
- (Post-COVID) Everyday access to reliable transportation, current driver's license and auto insurance
Day in the Life
Kick off the day with a Zoom check-in with your supervisor to discuss this week’s outreach efforts and marketing tasks outlined in your Flash Report. Hit send on our monthly newsletter, sharing out evaluation results from our most recent Social Emotional Learning program. Make some calls to our partner organizations to collect impact stories on how the ABC Project has been progressing. After lunch and a walk around the block, head out to one of our elementary schools, maybe listening to IDEO’s latest podcast on “embracing growth mindset for your business.” After snapping some pictures of our 2nd grade theater class swing by the front desk to say hello to the Office Manager and Vice Principal if they have a moment. If the theatre program is happening online this semester, then lucky you—you can pop in and out of multiple schools in one day! Follow-up with site staff by email after, sharing how happy you are to see Alex’s progress over the last two years. End your day with a smile, knowing that your work impacts kids across Southern California.