Ready to Succeed (RTS) is a Career Accelerator that provides talented college students who have been impacted by foster care with the resources, relationships and opportunities they need to graduate from college and reach their full potential. Through career coaching, professional network building, internships and financial support, RTS equips scholars to pursue successful careers and build meaningful lives. For more information about Ready to Succeed LA, please visit us at www.readytosucceedla.org
In January 2021, we will celebrate our fifth year anniversary. In that time, we have more than doubled the students we serve annually, and we have grown to a full-time team of 7. Apply to the RTS Program and Development Coordinator role and join our efforts to further support our students.
We are seeking a RTS Program and Development Coordinator to support our work and those two teams respectively.
Support program and development departments in the planning logistics and executing of remote and in- person events.
Information Management/CRM Data:
Other administrative and support duties may be requested as needed. The above is not an exhaustive list of responsibilities and may change at any time without notice as per the needs of the organization.
Duration: The start date is ASAP. Both Ready to Succeed and this role will retain their respective right to At-Will employment. This role works a schedule of Monday-Friday, approximately 9-6 pm. Some after-hours or weekend work may be required depending on business needs. The Company provides a paid one hour for lunch.
Compensation: This is a non-exempt full-time established role at RTS. Compensation range is commensurate with experience, $40,000 - $48,000 annual. RTS offers a generous vacation allotment, as well as other benefits including HRA, Simple IRA, cell phone stipend and more.
Location: Due to the Covid-19 pandemic and the government recommendations of Work From Home arrangements, this role will be remote until further notice. Onboarding will also be done remotely. The expectation is that this role will be based in-person, in the office once it is deemed safe and necessary to return. Our current office is in Santa Monica, CA.
Ready to Succeed LA is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE) committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Should YOU apply:
Do you have a passion to work in a non-profit, specifically one that is positively changing lives? Do you have at least one year of professional office work experience in a support assistant role? Do you have a startup mindset, ready to jump in and work hard while making a difference?
Then you are the candidate we have been looking for!
To apply for this position, please send the following to [email protected].
1. Updated Relevant Resume in Google Doc, Word Doc, or PDF
2. Cover letter: Please copy and paste your cover letter into the body of the email. In your cover note, please explain why you’re interested in this role, what you have contributed in your current role that is relevant to this RTS role, and how it will help you further your career goals/experience.
3. Due to the number of applicants, we will only respond if you are selected for an initial phone/video screening interview. We regret that we cannot respond to all initial applicants.
4. Some writing or presentation samples may be requested as part of the second round.
5. All interviews will be conducted by Zoom or Google Hangouts.
6. Please note that references will be required if your candidacy moves to the final round.