The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Health Educator – Substance Use Disorder (SUD) Focus. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
The position will be responsible for services delivered at one of the fifty Student Wellbeing Centers at Los Angeles Unified School District (LAUSD), Los Angeles Office of Education (LACOE) or other school district sites throughout County of Los Angeles.
The duties of the Health Education – SUD Focus include, but are not limited to:
- Implement a comprehensive health-focused curriculum at assigned high school to support the well-being of students and provide education to minimize adverse health outcomes, including SUD;
- Develop and sustain a student-led peer health educator training (e.g., SUD, tobacco, sexual health, emotional health) and wellness activities (e.g., classroom educational seminars, school wide wellness activities, resource distribution, school fairs) program to be conducted on campus by students for students;
- Assist with collecting, analyzing, and reporting data on delivered services; and
- Commute times will be optimized to the extent possible, but interested applicants must be willing to drive anywhere in Los Angeles County regularly.
- This position requires driving and interacting with the public as part of the regular job duties and other duties as assigned.
- Master’s Degree from a program of study accredited by the Council on Education for Public Health with specialization in Public Health Education, Community Health Education, or equivalent.
- Experience implementing and conducting evidence-based behavioral health programs;
- Computer literate and skilled in the use of MS Windows-based programs, including MS Office (Word, Excel,PowerPoint); and
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.