The role of the EIR is to mentor early stage entrepreneurs, contribute to curriculum development/facilitation and provide overall support to our participants in our accelerator style programs. This part-time contract role requires on average about 8-10 hours a week over the duration of the programs for 12 weeks. Program sessions typically take place in the evenings; office hours can be at your set availability.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Draw on subject matter expertise to help support weekly educational sessions for Grid110 programs.
- Allot time for weekly office hours to be available to Grid110 participants
- As needed, help prepare and facilitate talks, workshops and group activities.
- Actively participate in group discussions and 1:1 feedback sessions.
What we’re looking for:
- Expert-in-Residence: 3-5 years experience in a senior level role within a startup, tech company or VC firm/accelerator
- Entrepreneur-in-Residence: 3-5 years as a Founder/CEO, ideally with experience raising outside capital and/or an exit.Team player with strong interest in
- supporting the Los Angeles startup community
- Comprehensive understanding of early stage entrepreneurship. Familiarity with our core topics: problem/solution fit, value proposition, product market fit, pivoting, lean startup methodology, key performance indicators, OKRs, hypothesis testing.
- Previous experience mentoring, advising and providing constructively meaningful feedback to startup founders
- Ability to succeed in an entrepreneurial environment and employ entrepreneurial techniques to product development, go to market strategy and communications.
- Comfortable working in a virtual/remote environment
- We are driven by the following core values and we hope you are too: empathy, generosity, community and belonging