This position represents an exciting opportunity to support the office of the President and CEO and the Executive Team of a high-impact non-profit organization that serves to benefit, support, and enhance the California Community Colleges, the largest system of higher education in the nation.
The Associate Director, Strategic Integrations (Associate Director) performs a wide variety of functions to support strategic activities of the office of the President and Chief Executive Officer and the Executive Team. This position serves as a trusted advisor and counsel to key leaders within the organization, assumes day to day project management responsibility for a wide variety of strategic projects and tasks, and creates and maintains cross-departmental relationships to enable leadership success. This position maintains a macro vision of business operations, supports organization-wide strategic projects and activities, and must be a creative and results driven thinker, an excellent project manager and problem solver, and possess exceptional interpersonal skills to effectively coordinate executive-level communications, projects, and priorities across multiple, diverse lines of business in support of the California Community Colleges Chancellor’s Office (CCCO) goals and initiatives. This position requires tact, judgement, professionalism, and diplomacy as well as the ability to balance the needs of the organization, the needs of employees and legal considerations.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides ad hoc strategic support to members of the Executive Team. Researches, collects, and prepares background information or materials as necessary for meetings; assists in research, content development, and creation of agendas and presentations; provides information, documents, and records as necessary to assist with decision-making.
- Demonstrates exceptional writing skills. Develops and distributes clear, concise, professional, strategic communications to leaders and employees within and outside the organization, in alignment with Foundation style-guide, voice, and brand, as directed by members of the Executive Team.
- Works closely with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO providing strategic advice, guidance, oversight, and coordination of activities supporting the office of the President and CEO. • Emulates and cultivates a culture of Shared Leadership promoting individual, team, and organizational ownership, accountability, and excellence.
- Oversees and coordinates Shared Leadership employee advisory board and employee-led committee program, promoting broad engagement throughout the organization and ensuring seamless alignment with organizational strategies, goals, and priorities.
Associate Director, Strategic Integrations, Executive Job Description
- Manages Foundation Board of Directors Member Engagement and Recognition program by identifying and coordinating individualized Board Member engagement opportunities, based on their areas of interest, and partnering with the Executive Assistant to the President and CEO on matters related to Board Member communications.
- Builds decision-making frameworks to drive alignment with key stakeholders to ensure the best possible outcome in a timely manner.
- Coordinates research, benchmarking, data analysis, and cross-departmental recommendations related to organizational impact metrics, dashboard reporting, and strategic storytelling. • Coordinates organizational strategic planning and annual reporting processes and activities. Monitors progress reporting against departmental strategies and tactics and collaborates with the Communications team to synthesize diverse departmental reporting into comprehensive organization-wide strategic plan reporting tools and resources.
- Supports departmental adoption of Customer Relationship Management software, Salesforce. Identifies and advocates for adoption strategies and resources.
- Supports technology and system strategies across a diverse array of departments, business lines, and work processes, with an eye toward seamless integration of systems and processes, increasing automation, improving transparency, and increasing efficient information-sharing throughout the organization.
- Supports Executive Team in the systematic cultivation of long term, collaborative, strategic relationships with key organizations and individuals, including the Chancellor, Vice Chancellors, Board of Governors, the Foundation Board, College representatives, key vendors, key customers, policymakers, etc.
- Ensures strategic collaboration with appropriate internal personnel and external partners to accomplish organizational goals and objectives.
- Demonstrates a flexible, team-oriented, collaborative work style, with exceptional interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal and external constituents. • Prioritizes, manages, and collaborates across multiple projects simultaneously and follows-up on time-critical issues.
- Demonstrates highest level of integrity with confidential and sensitive matters. • Cultivates and upholds a culture of Shared Leadership and promotes organizational values • Directs ad-hoc projects, as needed, at the direction of the President and CEO.
This position works collaboratively with executives and staff throughout the organization to accelerate organizational goals. Actively participates in strategic organizational conversations as part of the executive team. Expected to act as a role model and mentor to leadership and staff.
Level of Supervision
Receives general direction as to goals and the achievement of those goals. Evaluated based on the successful performance of essential job duties and responsibilities and achievement of goals. Subject only to broad communications associated with the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong project management, business analysis, and team collaboration skills. • Progressive experience overseeing and responsibility for large-scale, complex, multi-faceted organization-level projects or program portfolios.
Associate Director, Strategic Integrations, Executive Job Description
- Proven ability to manage by influence and ability to build and maintain credibility. • Outstanding written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences, from C-suite professionals to inexperienced youth. • Passionate about providing students with stronger pathways to education and building a more just and equitable California overall.
- A self-starter and quick learner who is highly motivated and outcome-oriented, always seeking innovative approaches to project execution.
- A strategic and creative thinker who can problem-solve, working within and across teams to swiftly respond to needs identified across the California Community Colleges
- Practices ownership, takes accountability, and has the ability to project manage, prioritize tasks, and deliver quality products on time with limited supervision.
- Ability to orchestrate strategic and complex cross-functional business activities and projects with sharp business acuity, creativity, and attention to detail
- Ability to work on a fast-paced team, can deal with ambiguity but deliver results with excellence, and build and maintain collaborative working relationships with internal and external stakeholders.
- Knowledge of, or willingness to learn about, the California Community College system and the Foundation’s mission.
- Work remotely and navigate various technology platforms (Zoom, MS Office Suite-Teams, Outlook, Salesforce Lightning and other database programs, Google Suite, etc.).
Education and Experience
- Relevant BA/BS, equivalent work experience, or a combination of both.
- Minimum of five (5) + years of experience in a similar role or in managing programs/system implementation or project management.
- Experience supporting executive level management preferred.
- Education or non-profit experience including working with a Board preferred. • Salesforce customer relationship management and Workday enterprise resource planning, or similar software experience a plus.
- Familiarity with the community college system a plus.
Working Conditions and Travel
- This is a full-time position, 40 hours per week, with additional hours as needed to address the needs of the organization.
- Moderate overnight travel (up to 40%) by land and air.
- Well-lighted, heated, and air-conditioned indoor office setting with adequate ventilation. • Must be able to work remote successfully.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions/physical requirements of the job.
- Ability to constantly work at a computer workstation for up to five consecutive days • Ability to frequently communicate with internal office staff and external third parties • Ability to frequently move and/or remain in a stationary position without breaks at meetings and program site visits
Equal Employment Opportunity
The Foundation for California Community Colleges is committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities (EEO) are available to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, genetic characteristics, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital/parental status, political affiliation, religion, age, disability, pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, The Foundation for California Community Colleges complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment.