The Archer School for Girls is an educational community that supports and challenges young women to discover their passions and realize their true potential. Serving 500 girls in grades 6-12, Archer’s joyful and ambitious learning environment is based on the latest research on how girls learn and thrive. Beyond competitive pay and benefits, employees enjoy working in a collegial, growth-oriented, and joyful community. We seek employees who will contribute to an equitable and just learning environment. Integral to its mission, Archer has remained passionately committed to cultivating a diverse and inclusive community where all students can thrive personally and academically. To learn more about the School, visit www.archer.org.
Summary: We are seeking an energetic, highly driven, creative, and collaborative professional to join the Advancement and Communications team. This position will be an important part of our lively team to support administrative, community-building, and development efforts, and plays an integral role in seeing projects through that further articulate Archer’s mission with key constituents. This is a temporary role from November 2020 - March 2021 as support during maternity leave, currently mostly remote as per health and safety guidelines due to COVID-19.
- The Advancement and Communications Coordinator works closely with the Director of Advancement and Communications, Advancement and Communications team, and Senior Administrative team in bridging relationships across the community.
- The primary objective of the Coordinator is to ensure day-to-day connected communications and collaboration for projects within and between departments of the School.
- The Coordinator provides administrative assistance to the Director of Advancement and Communications and team.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Support execution of cultivation and stewardship efforts toward fundraising goals across all constituencies: Parents, Alumni, Alumni Parents, Grandparents, Faculty/Staff, Board of Trustees, and general community
- Assist with database updates, preparation of reports, and donor documentation
- Coordinate fundraising event activities from planning to execution, both virtually and in person
- Research and identify prospective new donors and proactively initiate sponsorship and funding
- Work with Communications department to manage project workflow and oversee day to day milestones for projects
- Liaise between Communications and school departments to provide project updates and ensure on-time completion
- Assist in creative development and technical execution of digital marketing and communications projects
- Organize and schedule meetings, take minutes as needed
- Write and distribute email correspondence
- Maintain contact and tracking lists
- Submit and reconcile invoices with budget
- Liaise with Senior Administration team and assistants to coordinate and handle requests
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial spirit; ability to work independently and as part of a team; innovative and seeks a challenge
- Superior organizational, time management, oral and written communication skills; exemplary proofreader
- Ability to prioritize and manage several milestones and projects efficiently and effectively
- Proficient using Google Suite, MS Office, and experience using Raiser’s Edge database; proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite and web development a plus
- Technologically savvy, including the use of social media, website CMS, email marketing
- Ability to generate interest in the organization and foster positive, meaningful relationships with key constituents
- High level of diplomacy and discretion when dealing with sensitive information
- Able to work evenings and weekends as required
- Commitment to purposeful innovation and ongoing professional development
- Passion for working in an all-girls learning community
- A good sense of humor, enthusiasm for a high-energy work environment, and collegial manner
- Spanish language fluency a plus
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree required with 2-3 years of experience in a relevant area of communications, marketing, public relations, or institutional advancement. Experience in a nonprofit or entrepreneurial setting preferred.