Social Venture Partners Los Angeles (SVPLA) invests in and expands the community of people advancing racial and social justice. SVPLA promotes a culture of authenticity, connection, and growth for all of its team members. We are committed to leveraging the unique gifts of each individual in service of radically reimagined systems of liberation.
We are seeking a full-time Programs Coordinator to be the glue who holds our programs together while being fully embedded and proactive in helping plan programs in partnership with the program leaders.
- We value human connections & our interconnectedness
- We invest in work that tackles root causes of racial, economic, & social injustice in Los Angeles
- We root our learning and actions in the wisdom of people most impacted by injustice
- We acknowledge, shift & share power
This year, SVPLA:
- Held our first Virtual Fast Pitch, attended by 400 people and raising over $130,000 for the 10 presenting organizations in our Systems Change Accelerator.
- Launched the Racial Equity in Homelessness initiative to shift the culture and workforce of the homeless response system, grounding solutions and leadership in racial and social justice.
- Expanded our Anti-Racism programming, launching self-paced online curricula, coaching communities, and customized workshops for organizations.
- Served as the evaluation partner for the My LA2050 Grants Challenge, reviewing 300 applicants and recommending 25 finalists who were in the running for $1,000,000 in grants.
- Extended our Systems Change Accelerator from nine months to two years, providing a second year of funding to 10 systems change initiatives ($10,000 each, in addition to $20,000 in Year 1).
Program & Event Support
- Coordination and logistics for core programs and meetings, including: scheduling workshops and meetings (currently virtual; some may be in person in the future), securing and coordinating
- Administrative support, including: creating and sending agendas ahead of time; taking meeting notes; keeping updated program records; and supporting the development of reports, surveys,
- Technical support to ensure smooth running of virtual (and when safe, in-person) meetings, including: setting up and helping to administer Zoom meetings, recordings, and troubleshooting.
- Coordinate SVPLA’s social media presence by developing and managing a social media calendar, creating engaging content across multiple platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube), creating text, video, and photo content for SVP’s digital platforms.
- Help to maintain consistent sound and voice across our website and social media as it relates to SVPLA and our values.
- Support with newsletter development by sourcing diverse content, especially pertaining to SVP Programs, Partners, and racial justice and systems change efforts locally and beyond.
General Administrative Support
- Data entry to maintain up-to-date programs and Partner records, using key data systems including Salesforce, Mailchimp, and various Google and Office Suite programs.
- Track volunteer engagements & hours.
WE’RE LOOKING FOR SOMEONE WHO
- Is committed to racial and social justice.
- Has at least 2 years administrative support experience within a deadline-driven environment.
- Loves to organize data and information.
- Is proactive and has excellent follow-up.
- Has proficiency in online tools/databases, including: Google Suite, Zoom, Mailchimp, Squarespace, Salesforce (or similar CRM), Canva (or other image-editing tools), Microsoft Office. Some experience of HTML and web/design tools is a bonus, but not required.
- Works collaboratively as a member of an energetic & fast-paced team.
- Has excellent written & verbal communication skills, with great attention to detail.
This is a full-time, remote, exempt position. The position will pay $63,000 per year, plus 100% of employee costs of medical, dental, vision, and long-term disability insurance.
SVPLA is committed to cultivating a team that reflects the rich diversity of Los Angeles. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital or domestic partner status, veteran status, medical condition, mental or physical disability which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties without reasonable accommodation.