The mission of WORK is to accompany families in Haiti out of poverty through good, dignified jobs. WORK is a nonprofit organization working in Haiti to end poverty one dignified job at a time. We work in one community in Port-au-Prince, called Menelas, where 1,500 families reside. Our goal is simple: to place two heads of households into a good, dignified job so that each family and in turn, their community can pull themselves out of poverty forever.
We start by getting to know our families and learning about their assets and needs. Oftentimes it begins with addressing health concerns, as illness can stand in the way of all other goals. Next, we ensure all school-aged children have access to an education and address basic needs such as debt and housing with their parents. Once family members are work-ready, they enroll into our job preparation program and are trained and placed into dignified work. They receive follow up services such as professional development and access to relevant workshops while we maintain our commitment to accompany them until they no longer need us.
WORK is seeking an Engagement Manager for our Run Across Series. The Engagement Manager will be tasked with acquisition and stewardship of our runners and crew members to successful run program outcomes and to work with our Engagement Team to execute Run programming. The new team member will report to our Director of Engagement.
Our culture is collaborative, entrepreneurial, and fast-paced. We maximize resources to provide the most effective services for the families we serve. We're looking for an entrepreneurially minded, organized, and detail-oriented individual with a keen interest and excitement in actively engaging with our supporter base.
General Engagement Responsibilities
- Be an advocate for the families we serve by getting to know them, connect our supporters to their stories with respect and authenticity, and partner with them to independence.
- Collaborate with our Engagement Manager in Haiti to deliver impact updates to our Run Across Series supporters.
- Effectively steward our runners, crew members, and sponsors through our Run Across Series experience to sustain our high retention rate, beginning with welcoming them to our work, providing clear next steps, joining on regular communications (phone calls, video calls, and emails), and maintaining and prioritizing a successful communication cadence.
- Manage our Run Across Series donor database and contribute to the Engagement Team’s efforts in growing our network of supporters and executing on conversion goals.
- Collaborate with our creative team to facilitate Instagram Takeovers and Facebook Live Feeds.
- Participate in weekly team meetings and learning opportunities.
Runner, Crew Member, and Sponsor Engagement
- Develop our Run Across Series with our Director of Engagement to ensure we’re effectively engaging our team while reaching our fundraising and engagement goals.
- Manage the runner and crew member acquisition and stewardship process from start to finish from providing a warm and informative welcome to structuring an effective cadence of communications and feedback loop. This process should include our fundraising onboarding experience, tips and advice emails, monthly check in calls, regular delivery of impact, to campaign wrap up and transition.
- Support our runner and crew members’ fundraising and outreach efforts by providing them with the necessary resources, brainstorming new ideas and supporting them with execution, connecting our audience with their efforts as well as connecting their network with our impact.
- Attend fundraising events hosted by our runners and crew, and relevant events featuring our sponsors.
- Lead with data. We expect our strategies to be driven by good data, paired with a specific end goal that’s realistic and achievable. Collaborate with our analytics team to set SMART goals and to drive our stewardship efforts forward with good data.
- Run Across Haiti® - work with our Haiti team to coordinate trip logistics and execute Run programming.
- Run Across May - manage our virtual run logistics, including our activities tracking, fundraising platform, and programming.
Desired Skills and Experiences
- Fundraising and Supporter Engagement – You have had success in connecting individuals and groups to a cause that you feel passionate about and you’re driven to convert and sustain meaningful relationships.
- Effective Communicator – You live to tell a good story, and thrive to be able to communicate complex concepts succinctly and effectively.
- Event Planning – You have managed an event from start to finish while juggling all details and deadlines.
- Adaptable – You thrive in a fast-paced work environment and can adapt to changes.
- Curious and Entrepreneurial – You do well in having the ability to find your way to creative solutions that reach the desired outcome.
- Fast and Willing to Learn – Reaching into uncharted territories and tackling new challenges with exceptional results is your jam. You love to learn new things to solve problems.
- Team Member – Working in a team setting that makes you feel like you’re playing for the Chicago Bulls circa 1990’s gives you goosebumps.
- Executes to Results – Hitting goals is important to you. You maintain a high standard and work hard to get results.
- Technical Experience – We operate on Google Drive and Suite, Asana, Slack, Fundraising CRM, and Mailchimp. You’re familiar with these platforms or you can get up to speed by watching online tutorials.
- ‘Can-do’ Attitude and Passion – Our mission, philosophy, and core values align with yours and you’re ready to give it a 100%.
Salary and Benefits
We also offer a competitive salary and benefits package, including health insurance, dental and vision, a retirement plan with an employer match, paid holidays and a flexible vacation policy, paid parental leave, and professional development opportunities.