The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Clinical/Preventative Services Coordinator. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
This position will serve as the Clinical/Preventative Services Coordinator of the TCPP and Other Preventive Services strategies, overseeing the management of day-to-day administrative activities related to the Scope of Work (SOW) for system-level preventive services; outreach to the medical community and allied health professionals (e.g., nurses, social workers, medical assistants, etc.); and implementation of community interventions that improve public access to prevention services.
- Oversee the day – to – day operations of the Tobacco Control and Prevention Clinical and Other Preventive Services program;
- Manage key administrative and operational processes in the program, including matters related to public relations, health education, and community planning;
- Lead the development and implementation of outreach to the medical community and other allied health professionals as outlined in the Proposition 56 SOW.
- Direct health policy development efforts related to clinical preventive services (e.g., clinical guidelines development; advising on nursing and other health professional procedures and standards of practice, developing in-service training, etc.);
- Oversee all administrative support for programmatic and public health work performed by nurses and other clinical staff working on TCPP projects; and
- Represent TCPP at local meetings and at other regional and national meetings to report on the accomplishments of the program.
- A license to practice as a Registered Nurse issued by the California Board of Registered Nursing and one (1) year clinical experience –OR– Bachelor’s degree in a field of the behavioral or social sciences and any combination of relevant education and/or experience totaling five (5) years.
- A valid California driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions.
- Master’s degree in behavioral or social sciences and three (3) years work experience –OR– doctoral degree (e.g., PhD, DrPH, DO, etc.) and one (1) year post-doctoral clinical research experience;
- Excellent networking and communications skills;
- More than five (5) years of experience in a public health or healthcare related field;
- Health policy, health services research, and/or preventive medicine experience; and
- Knowledgeable about the health care system environment.
Position: Salary Exempt
Monthly Salary: $7,052.00
Fully Paid Medical/Dental Insurance