The Music Center is seeking a creative, energetic and highly motivated marketing coordinator for Grand Park to help share all things Grand Park across the digital landscape.
The Music Center programs and manages Grand Park, a beautiful 12-acre public park that adds spirit and vitality to downtown Los Angeles. The park stretches from The Music Center on the west to City Hall on the east. Opened in July 2012, the park celebrates the cultural life of Los Angeles County. Grand Park presents free year-round programming including fitness/wellness programs, lunchtime food trucks, theatrical and dance presentations, site-specific performances, music events, holiday celebrations, video and art installations, mid-size (500-5,000 attendees) and large scale (20,000-50,000 attendees) events with multiple stages, pyrotechnics/fireworks and large-scale projections.
In this role, the Marketing Coordinator will support The Music Center’s work to deepen the cultural life of every Angeleno and further Grand Park’s vital role as L.A.’s Park For Everyone. The Marketing Coordinator will play a critical role in communicating the Grand Park voice and brand, helping to build the park’s brand and positioning it and as a producer of the highest quality, safest and most innovative free public events in Los Angeles County.
Reporting directly to the Grand Park marketing manager, the Marketing Coordinator will support all marketing aspects of Grand Park events, programs and brand. Maintains positive relationships with all levels of Music Center and Grand Park staff, as well as key external stakeholders and partners.
- Social media management and support for the marketing manager with all aspects of marketing strategy and execution for Grand Park programming and the Grand Park brand.
- Social media management (50%)
- Website and e-newsletter management (20%)
- Creative services administrative support (20%)
- Event/marketing duties as necessary (10%)
- Works closely with the marketing manager as well as larger Grand Park team to support all park endeavors
- Keeps the marketing manager informed of work progress and potential problems and provides innovative solutions to address problems
- Will support the larger Grand Park team with various administrative duties.
- Performs other duties as assigned
Desired skills for the ideal Marketing Coordinator:
- Loves to tell stories and knows how to weave them
- Loves Los Angeles
- Has exemplary organization, administrative, writing and communications skills
- Works from an inclusive mindset and possesses the ability to work cogently in collaboration with diverse groups of people
- Thrives in a highly collaborative, creative event-based team and culture.
- Demonstrates poise and maturity in communications, flexibility and the ability to multi-task and problem solve in a fast-moving environment
- Is highly resourceful and able to set priorities and partner with a dynamic, highly energetic, small but mighty team
- Has a sense of humor
- Knowledge of the L.A. arts and culture community strongly preferred
- Experience with scheduling seasonal event staff preferred
- Is competent in Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite and social media analytics
- Experience in outdoor event production preferred
Requirements and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Must have at minimum 1 to 2 years relevant experience in creating/developing/writing social media content
- Can operate with a flexible schedule, must be able to work events on weeknights and weekends as well as holidays
- Has a strong understanding of social analytics, including Facebook+Instagram insights and Google Analytics
- Is fluent in the language and rhythms of digital platforms, including, but not limited to, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat, YouTube, etc.
- Has working experience of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Has a flexible schedule – open to working occasional non-traditional business hours
- Must be able to lift 40 lbs. and stand for extended periods of time.
- Able to work from home for the foreseeable future. This position is currently remote. Work in the Grand Park office will resume when prevailing LA County Public Health Dept guidelines allow.
Salary: The range is $40,000-$45,000 commensurate with experience; this is a non-exempt hourly position.