Due to COVID-19, this position will be 100% remote until further notice. The ideal candidate will be required to have access to reliable internet service and reasonable accommodations to take/make video and phone calls.
About Las Fotos Project
Las Fotos Project was founded in 2010 as a way to engage teenage girls in a creative practice that would build self-confidence, promote their well-being and allow for a safe space for expression. Our mission is to elevate the voices of teenage girls from communities of color through photography and mentoring, empowering them to channel their creativity for the benefit of themselves, their community, and future careers.
The Development Manager is responsible for a wide-range of Las Fotos Project’s fundraising and communication responsibilities. Reporting directly to the Executive Director, the Development Manager will build our growing organization’s financial capacity through strategic partnerships, grant prospecting and management, running appeals and cultivating individual donors. In addition to reporting to the Executive Director, the Development Manager will also work collaboratively with the Project Manager on special-event fundraisers and organizational marketing and with the Social Enterprise Manager to integrate social enterprise initiatives into the organization-wide development plan.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop and manage the organization’s strategic fundraising plan
- Write and submit new and renewed grants applications and reports in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Implement fund development strategies to raise funds through foundation, corporate, government, individual support and event sponsorships.
- Manage donor databases to ensure donor information is regularly updated and to provide ongoing financial reports to Executive Director
- Communicate via email, phone and in-person with donors, including answering gift
- inquiries and assisting with gift-related issues
- Cultivate strategic partnerships with arts institutions, creative agencies, photographic collaboratives, and other private and corporate leaders of the creative industry in the greater Los Angeles County community
- Work closely with staff to review program services in order to obtain information for reporting, comply with donor expectations and be aware of programmatic needs for funding to fill gaps or unmet needs of student
- Support the Executive Director in the recruitment of new Advisory Board members and liaise with Board members to participate in fund development strategies
- Work with the Social Enterprise Manager to monitor new service-fee revenue streams
- Author key communications materials such as press releases and talking points to ensure compelling and consistent fundraising and other external messaging
- Work with the Executive Director and Project Manager to develop compelling campaign messaging and marketing materials including sponsorship decks, gift acknowledgements, newsletters, flyers, etc.
- Contribute to the development of content for the website, monthly newsletters, blogs, and social media
- Represent Las Fotos Project at public events, and with Advisory Board members, partner organizations, and any independent contractors
- Education: Bachelor's degree. Degree in business, public administration or communications-related field a plus.
- Experience: Minimum of two years of successful, proven management of nonprofit fundraising
- Experience working in nonprofit organizations preferred. Experience working in arts administration a plus
- Demonstrate a passion for the mission, goals, and values of Las Fotos Project
- Ability to both effectively work in both a collaborative group process and independently
- Excellent written and spoken communication and interpersonal skills
- Exceptional organizational, time-management, and critical-thinking skills
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The ideal candidate will have:
- Ability to communicate the impact of Las Fotos Project’s mission to funders and to the public
- Understanding of budget concepts and grant financial management and track record of meeting development goals
- Experience with Network for Good or other donor databases preferred
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with multiple target audiences
- Experience using project management platforms such as Asana, Air Table, Google Suite, preferred
- Comfort with public speaking to large and small groups
- Creativity, curiosity, and a good sense of humor
- Friendly, outgoing professional presence in telephone and face-to-face communication
Salary range for the position is $23-$25/h. Level of experience and educational level will be taken into consideration.
Health benefits are provided.