The Institute for Educational Advancement (IEA) is a national non-profit organization dedicated to supporting our nation’s most talented young people in identifying and developing their full potential.
IEA is seeking a personable and engaging Development Manager who will work with the president, executive team, and staff to cultivate relationships with donors, alumni, corporate sponsors, and foundations. The Development Manager will work closely with team members to secure funding for current and new initiatives and implement stewardship plans for major benefactors and endowment donors.
Candidates must be committed to the long-term success of IEA’s mission. This position will assist in building IEA’s visibility, impact, and financial resources to support IEA’s efforts to serve our nation’s diverse gifted children in need.
Job responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement fundraising strategies to grow revenue from current and prospective donors, foundations and corporations,
- Recognize donors, create personalized correspondence, and process donations,
- Facilitate donor stewardship involving the President, the Chairman of the Board and Program Managers, support board members in fundraising efforts,
- Maintain donor database,
- Plan, track, and analyze results of development efforts,
- Manage and facilitate fundraising, friend raising and donor recognition events,
- Implement systems for the identification of, and reporting to key stakeholders,
- Partner with Marketing and Outreach teams to maximize recognition opportunities
- Oversee the grants process, prepare impact reports, and fulfill reporting obligations,
- Collaborate with finance and IT on systems and tools that ensure best practices in fundraising efforts.
The successful applicant will possess the following characteristics, skills, and abilities:
- Exceptional communication skills, including writing and editing for development activities
- Knowledge of principles and techniques relevant to securing major gifts
- Advanced skills in MS Office Suite; Salesforce is a plus
- Strong initiative, project management skills, and ability to prioritize tasks to meet deadlines
- Ability to manage and track budgets
- Commitment to protect confidential information
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Convey information about IEA’s mission and work in gifted education with passion and enthusiasm
- College degree with a minimum of three years of development experience required
- Proven success in areas of individual, corporate, and foundation giving
- Experience in communications, writing, and project management
- Planning development events and managing volunteers
- Knowledge and understanding of nonprofit educational organizations a plus
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
- Routine for an office environment. The employee will be required to attend occasional meetings/events during evening and weekend hours.