The Advancement Coordinator furthers the annual fundraising goals of the organization. This position implements programs that identify, cultivate, solicit donations and steward relationships with donors, manages campaigns through direct mail, email, web content and customer service.
- Maintain day-to-day functions of the Membership Program by working closely with the Director of Development and Direct Marketing Consultant to lead the production of print materials related to the annual fund and program support including brochures, forms, appeal letters, digital appeals, donor benefit materials and membership cards. Mail out new member packets, review member benefits (seedling giveaways, moonlight hikes), keep members informed.
- Expand and manage matching funds and workplace giving opportunities by implementing programs that identify, cultivate, solicit and steward relationships with donors.
- Identify, cultivate, and steward corporations for engagement with TreePeople and supporting our mission.
- Liaison to Mountain’ Restoration Trust - handle year-end campaigns, annual reports, and thank you notes for large gifts, alongside Director of Development and MRT staff.
- Lead TreePeople’s Key Fundraising Programs, and Campaigns. Responsible for creating and carrying out fundraising plans to meet annual revenue and strategic growth goals for assigned programs.
- 6Work closely with MarCom position on promotion of programs to donors. Author monthly email and bi-annual direct mail content for key Fundraising Programs, with a focus on product marketing and fundraising. Work with the MarCom team to update the webpage.
- Execute annual fundraising campaigns during key target dates during the year, including supervision of the work of artists, print/mail houses, and designers.
- Oversee day-to-day functions of assigned Fundraising Programs, including order fulfillment, gift processing and acknowledgments, inventory of card stock, postage, and communications with data processing centers and accounting.
- Work closely with the Finance department to ensure accurate and current record-keeping for all departmental data.
- Supervise Department Volunteers and Interns.
- Function as a key member of the Development team, participating in staff meetings and strategic planning.
- Represent TreePeople at external outreach events.
- Assist in supervising coordination between the Website, Salesforce, Form Assembly, Pardot and iATS to ensure optimal donor experience and maximize cultivation, acknowledgment, and stewardship via digital platforms.
- Work with Development staff in use of our constituent database and implement best practices for accurate record keeping. Utilize the database to monitor Development strategy and improve donor relations.
- Assist during busy times with gift processing.
- Assist with Salesforce needs for the development department, including coordinating entry and analytics of data.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in fundraising, preferably in a nonprofit organization
- Candidates should have the ability to interact within a team and have effective organizational and communication skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency with using Microsoft Office and Google G-Suite
- CRM Experience, preferably with Salesforce and QGive
- Excellent communication skills speaking, listening and writing
- Must be detail-oriented
- Strong administrative skills: planning and organizing
- Editing/ proofreading and writing proficiency
- Customer Service - demonstrate the ability to respond with urgency to the needs and requests of others, internally and externally, and ensure a high degree of responsiveness to all donors without regard to their giving level. Understand the impact of their work on others.
- Understand safety policies and actively promote safe practices in the workplace.
- Maintain constructive relationships and demonstrate respect for everyone contacted.
- Willingness and ability to adjust to changing conditions or priorities.