This full time OHCC community Liaison will be in charge of conducting surveys of existing community oral health infrastructure and work with federally qualified health centers (FQHCs), dental clinics, schools, and community centers in LA County mega services planning areas (SPA) to promote oral health. The Liaison will act as a hub to connect among the LA County Oral Health Program (OHP), OHCC Program Director (PD), Project Manager (PM), Staff Assistant (SA), and community partners. The Liaison will report to the PD and the PM, as well as the LA County OHP.
Liaison duties include, but are not limited to:
- Promoting the LA County Department of Public Health, Oral Health Program Community Oral Health Improvement Plan (COHIP) throughout the Mega SPAs and obtaining buy-in from oral health stakeholders, dental professionals, community members, and others in the community.
- Planning, organizing, and attending events, meetings, and conferences.
- Hosting bi-weekly check-in calls with the LA County OHP team to keep them updated with OHCC activities.
- Providing a bi-weekly summary report to the PM and the LA County OHP team to keep them up to date on OHCC activities.
- Collaborating with dental professionals and participating in community outreach events.
- Working with the COHIP Workgroups -- to develop a plan on how to collaborate with each COHIP Workgroup to implement COHIP objectives, and to provide updates to the Workgroups, if needed.
- Working with FQHCs and/or oral health clinics and hospitals.
- Working with dental professionals to expand the volume and variety of oral health services provided by non-dental professionals.
- A minimum of a bachelor degree in a field related to public health, public relation, management, public policy, education, dentistry, medicine, social work, community and/or government.
- A minimum of three to five years in a health-related field, and have experience performing tasks related to health education and/or community outreach services, especially with children, patients with special needs, and senior patients.
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Motivated, responsible, and detail oriented and be able to arrange and follow-up with workflow and tasks to meet with deadlines.
- Open-minded, flexible and willing to learn new ideas, concepts, techniques and skills.
- Excellent oral communication and writing skills in English.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals of various social, cultural, and educational backgrounds to obtain and convey information clearly, accurately, and courteously.
- Willingness to occasionally work alternative hours when it is needed such as evenings and/or weekends to accommodate events, meetings, or conferences held outside of regular work hours or to meet deadlines.
- Must have a valid Class C California Driver’s License, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or ability to secure timely transportation for travel to various sites throughout LA County.
- Experience working in oral health education, patient care, management and services is desirable.
- Experience working in community setting and outreach programs is a plus.
- Skills in other language, such as Spanish, Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese.
Salary level will be conforming to the level of experience along with excellent benefit package.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $45,000.00 - $58,000.00 per year
Benefits: Dental Insurance, Health Insurance, Vision Insurance
Schedule: Monday to Friday
Experience: Health education and/or community outreach: 3 years (Required), Microsoft office suites: 1 year (Required), Health-related field: 3 years (Required)
Education: Bachelor's (Required)
Location: Los Angeles, CA 90095 (Preferred)
License: Class C California Driver’s License (Required)
Language: Spanish, Chinese, Korean, or Vietnamese (Preferred)
Work authorization: United States (Required)
Required travel: 50% (Required)
Work Location: Multiple locations
Typical start time: 8AM
Typical end time: 5PM
Pay Frequency: Monthly
Work Remotely: No