Position Summary: The Vice President, Diversity, Equity & Inclusion (DEI) develops, implements, trains, evaluates, and monitors programs that promote diversity within the Organization, as well as analyzing all policies, opportunities, and practices through a DEI lens. Responsible for developing, implementing, and assessing initiatives to create and foster an open and inclusive environment and increase the diversity of staff at all levels of the organization. This position serves as the primary subject matter expert and architect of the Organization’s diversity and cross-cultural relations plans and programs. This position oversees leadership development, recruitment, hiring, and career advancement.
Responsibilities/Duties: This list is illustrative only and is not intended to be a comprehensive list of tasks performed by this classification. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Develop, implement, and design the strategic plan for all DEI initiatives to ensure that they are aligned with organizational business goals.
- Implement, design, support, and monitor on-going performance management framework, utilizing employee feedback, KPI’s, development plans and annual reviews to ensure alignment with the Organizations’ annual objectives.
- Develop policies and initiatives to attract, retain and promote a diverse and inclusive workforce for the Organization.
- Actively manage retention and development of top performers/high potential talent.
- Advise managers to make talent assessments and internal move recommendations bases on employees’ strengths and developmental readiness.
- Directs the design of and engages in platform training, training content, and direct development of online training programs on both diversity and cross-cultural awareness to meet the Organization business plan.
- Consult with executive, senior management, and all stakeholders to assess company efforts on diversity and cross- cultural inclusion programs, establish best practices and identify programs to remove barriers that affect staff retention and advancement.
- Responsibility for the overall diversity and cross-cultural efforts, collaborating with management, and ownership for designing initiatives and programs.
- Determine the appropriateness of introducing diversity initiatives and considers the unique needs of the organization.
- Develops coaching strategies, implements dialogues that address specific concerns and issues, and oversees resolution of conflicts/disputes relating to diversity and/or cross- cultural initiatives and activities.
- Analyze employee demographics and develop metrics for measuring the effectiveness of corporate diversity initiatives implemented and prepares quarterly reports to management on the value of the initiatives.
- Maintains metrics and prepares periodic reports for senior management for evaluating/measuring diversity and cross-cultural resource initiatives for return on investment.
- Perform administrative duties, responsibilities, and activities may be assigned or changed from time to time.
- Manage, coordinate, supervise, coach, and direct the hiring, training, or performance evaluations of team members and oversee their daily activities.
Minimum Physical Requirements:
- Mental Demands: high workflow management, high project coordination.
- Finger Dexterity: using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
- Talking: especially where one must convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Average Hearing: able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
- Average Visual Abilities; ordinary acuity necessary to prepare or inspect documents or operate machinery.
- Involves frequent bending, stooping, and lifting to 10 pounds.
- Equipment operation requires use of safety equipment to include, but not limited to, closed toe footwear.
- Frequent work in a warehouse facility. Work involves outside weather conditions, wet, hot, cold and/or humid conditions.
- Noise level: usually moderate.
- Bachelor’s degree required; Masters’ degree in human resources management, business
- administration or job-related field required
- 5 years of progressive experience in developing solutions and implementing strategies with focus on diversity and cross-cultural resource efforts; or equivalent of education and experience.
- 5 years of progressive Management/Leadership experience
- SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) or Senior Professional Human Resources (SPHR) a plus
- Experience in developing, implementing, and managing, cultivating diversity program for large organization
- Knowledge of current applicable laws and regulations to ensure compliance
- Knowledge of design and elements of diversity initiatives, programs, and activities
- Knowledge of change and relationship management as it relates to diversity, inclusion, & equity
- Ability to analyze information, integrate analyses of information or data, and present logical conclusions for informed operational decisions.
- Ability to collaborate and interact with internal and external stakeholders, at all levels
- Ability to educate, coach, consult, and influence people in establishing and maintaining an effective working relationship focused on diverse, cross-cultural, and cross-functional team.
- High degree of autonomy, self-sufficient, and focused on excellent customer service
Certification Required: Not Applicable.
Other Qualifications: TRAVEL: Ability to travel in performance of job duties is required