Healthcare Staffing Professionals has an immediate need for an Urban Planning Outreach Coordinator to provide services for a LA County Run Program focused on developing and managing active transportation plans, including bicycle and pedestrian, in the East Los Angeles area. The Urban Planning Outreach Coordinator will be responsible for working with various outreach firms to coordinate community meetings and to represent the project to different stakeholders, community leaders and residents.
The program is funded for an initial 2-year period and the position will start upon acceptance and completion of the employee application and screening.
Pay Rate: $4,950 per month (Salary, Working a minimum of 40 hours a week)
Benefits: Employer provided Healthcare Insurance, Dental and life insurance from day 1
Shifts: Variable Start Time
Employee will be working a minimum of 8 hours a day, from 7am to 7pm
- A Master’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field OR a Bachelor’s Degree in Urban Planning or related field AND two years of experience developing and/or managing active transportation plans.
- A valid California driver’s license, proof of vehicle insurance, and reliable transportation or ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation
- Experience conducting outreach in culturally and economically diverse communities;
- Experience using a variety of strategies to collect community input on pedestrian and/or bicycle initiatives;
- Experience speaking with community members about walking, bicycling, or other health-related topics;
- Experience planning and facilitating community workshops or meetings;
- Experience facilitating productive dialogue between groups with opposing views;
- Experience working with children;
- Solid understanding of the relationship between active transportation and public health;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to speak and write Spanish fluently; and
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Work with the outreach and planning contractor, and the Project Manager to develop and implement phased community outreach action plans for each community;
- Convene and facilitate regular check-ins with the outreach contractors to coordinate on community outreach progress;
- Work with the outreach contractors and DPH Service Planning Area staff to engage with a variety of stakeholders including residents, community leaders, community based organizations, churches, and businesses;
- Prepare, coordinate, and facilitate meetings with a variety of partners including community based organizations, and community leaders;
- Support the outreach contractors in developing and facilitating the Community Advisory Committees in each of the pedestrian planning areas;
- Work with the outreach contractors, and DPH Service Planning Area staff to organize and facilitate activities such as workshops, walk audits, photo voice projects, community walks, etc. to collect community input on pedestrian issues and needed improvements;
- Work with the outreach contractors, and DPH Service Planning Area staff to distribute information and engage community members at health fairs, festivals, and other community events;
- Organize and facilitate activities to educate and collect input from community members and key stakeholders about pedestrian friendly improvements and the benefits of walking and bicycling in coordination with the outreach contractors;
- Work with the outreach contractors to educate and train residents to speak with friends, neighbors, business owners, and decision makers about the public health benefits of walkable and bikeable communities;
- Work with the outreach contractors to organize, recruit and train volunteers for pedestrian and bicycle counts;
- Review outreach materials developed by the outreach contractors;
- Collaborate with the Project Manager and planning contractor to incorporate community input into the pedestrian plans;
- Document lessons learned from the outreach and engagement in unincorporated communities;
- Perform detailed review of monthly contractor reports to evaluate compliance with the service requirement of the contracts and make adjustments as needed to improve the program and ensure timelines and deliverables are met; and
- Other duties as assigned by the Project Manager and PLACE Program Director.