Facilitates the financing of housing development projects with business and community partners. Using federal, state, and local funding resources, builds and preserves housing by leveraging funds with private investments in order to maximize the positive impact of our programs.
Land Development Program is one of the programs offered. Company leverages publicly-owned land for the development of affordable housing within the City. In addition, the program oversees the disposition of properties transferred to Company from the Community Redevelopment Agency (CRA/LA) and the Los Angeles Department of Transportation (LADOT), as well as surplus land identified by the City Administrative Officer (CAO) as part of the Affordable Housing Opportunity Sites (AHOS) program.
The Paralegals assigned will:
- Assist in the review of current binding legal agreements of City-owned land
- Communicate regularly with the Office of the City Attorney
- Review initial drafts of term sheets
- Review legal and other contractual documents related to Land Development projects, including but not limited to Disposition and Development Agreements, Ground Lease Agreements, Sales Agreements, and Covenant Agreements.
- Ensure consistency among Land Development contractual agreements
- Coordinate with development partners to finalize documents
- Overall function will also include analysis of contracts, lease agreements, and related documents, verification of legal entities, and meetings and follow up with development partners / key stakeholders to ensure the completion of required assignments and meet key deadlines related to the preparation and execution of all documents.
- Create reports as needed
- Perform other related duties assigned
- Contract Agreements
- Real Estate transactions and Real Estate Law Ability to:
- Negotiate with key stakeholders to enable the transfer of public land for development
- Communicate clearly both orally and in writing and deliver findings to all levels of management, and other development partners / key stakeholders
- Effectively analyze and conduct research on legal policies and/or State and Federal Laws
- Utilize Microsoft Office Suite, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Certification completion of a Paralegal Program from an accredited college or university is required