WE ARE RALLY
RALLY is an issue advocacy firm that works at the intersection of strategic communications and public policy. We are a dedicated team of change makers. We think big, take on difficult issues, and are relentless in making change happen. We’re driven by our daring clients, our progressive values, and our spirited culture. We work without attitude and lead with kindness to make change that lasts.
We strive to be...
- Adaptable and agile
- Inspiring and persuasive
- Innovative and inventive
- Curious and growth-minded
- Collaborative and team-oriented
- Culturally intelligent and equity-promotive
Does this sound like you?
HOW WE WORK
RALLY is proud to work on an extensive range of critical social issues, including education, environmental protection, immigration, health care, women’s rights, LGBTQ rights, financial inequality, gun violence, and more.
Our clients are catalysts for change: we work with leading foundations, advocacy organizations, philanthropists, high-profile individuals and commercial entities who strive to shape public policy, discourse, and opinion. They engage us to:
- Identify unique strategies to advance critical issues
- Design and execute impactful communications campaigns with powerful messaging
- Build advocacy organizations from the ground up
- Develop and execute sophisticated digital campaigns
- Design compelling brand identities, graphic, and storytelling content`
- Conceive of and execute large-scale events
With offices in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Seattle and New York, we work nationally but embody the creativity and innovation that has defined the West Coast. These attributes inform our company's attitude and approach and help shape the creativity we use to drive causes forward.
Up for the challenge?
RALLY seeks a strategic and skilled graphic designer with an excellent understanding of print and digital media. This position will be based in either San Francisco or Los Angeles. The Design Associate will participate in projects from concept to production, working closely with the design team, digital team, creative lead, and larger RALLY teams. The associate will plan and deliver the full spectrum of graphic and digital design services across several mediums, including print and digital channels. Candidates must have excellent design skills and be prepared to create and refine designs based upon internal and client feedback. The Design Associate must have the ability to work both independently and collaboratively within teams. Creativity, storytelling, and design is at the center of RALLY’s offering to our clients. Therefore, we seek candidates who know techniques and best practices well enough to innovate beyond them in interesting ways that drive impact.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
- Create compelling visual narratives that communicate stories and strategies, and inspire change and deepen the impact of our engagements
- Create a wide variety of design projects for new and existing campaigns across a number of mediums, including direct mail, presentations, posters, newsletters, emails, banner ads, social media graphics, and others
- Assist with executing the visual ‘look and feel’ of an existing campaign across several account teams
- Assist in the development of new brand identities, expressions, and assets for clients
- Look out into the world for design and experiential inspiration, and bring that inspiration back to RALLY and for our clients
- Communicate and collaborate with RALLY teams to originate creative as well as to refine and make rounds of corrections based on internal and client feedback
- Develop internal RALLY branded decks and templates, often using PowerPoint, for marketing, new business pitches, internal use, and client presentations
- Prioritize and manage multiple design projects simultaneously, often with very quick turnarounds
- Participate in a team-based environment, inspiring teams through collaboration as well as offering guidance and support on visioning and planning all aspects of visual deliverables
- Pay close attention to detail in design details and be an advocate for exceptional visual design
- BFA in graphic design or related area
- 1-3 years of related experience (this can include internships, freelance work, academic work, etc.)
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates expertise across digital, print, and typography
- Fluency with Adobe Creative Suite, particularly Photoshop and InDesign
- Knowledge of typography and a keen eye for color and detail
- Ability to follow technology trends, current visual techniques and social media design tendencies
- Familiarity with the intricacies social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and Instagram
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively within teams
- Ability to multi-task, meet tight deadlines, and manage technical challenges effectively
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word and PowerPoint
BONUS FOR HAVING EXPERIENCE WITH THE FOLLOWING:
- Experience with user interface design and web wireframing and familiarity with Content Management Systems like Wordpress
- Working on direct response marketing materials, with knowledge of best practices for designing landing pages, advertisements and other materials that drive conversion
- Email marketing platforms like MailChimp and experience designing for mass email campaigns
- Photography, videography, and video editing
- Ability to create simple motion graphics using Adobe Photoshop or After Effects
- Applying skills towards public policy and advocacy
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
RALLY is an equal opportunity employer and all applicants will be considered. As a firm, we are committed to fostering belonging in a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn and work together to change the world. RALLY is strengthened by our team’s diversity, including race and ethnicity, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, and veteran status, just to name a few. We strongly encourage folks from all backgrounds to apply. We love, respect, and welcome you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS
At RALLY, we believe that a business is only as good as its people. That’s why we’re invested in providing a broad range of employee benefits and perks that demonstrate our commitment to our people, their growth and development, and to the vibrant RALLY culture we are building together.
We believe that changing the world should come with a healthy paycheck, time to recharge, and support to reach new heights. RALLY offers a competitive salary plus eligibility for performance-based and new business bonuses. We also offer a healthy benefits package, plus some perks:
- Three and a half weeks paid vacation, as well as paid holidays
- One week off between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Twelve work-from-home days (increases with years of service)
- One week of paid volunteer days to work pro bono on any issue you believe in
- Summer Fridays and half-days prior to Federal holidays
- 401(k) plan with an employer match
- Transit stipend of $125 per month or paid office parking
- Cell phone and data service stipend up to $150 per month
- Networking stipend of $50 per month plus conference registrations (with prior-approval)
- Generous health, dental, and vision benefits
- Paid family and medical leave policy which greatly exceeds what the law mandates
- Flexible, family friendly workplace with paid time off for attending school activities
- Mentorship program plus monthly learning sessions/seminars
- Annual review with 360 feedback and semi-annual check-ins
- Monthly birthday celebrations, games, snacks, and in-office treats
- Annual RALLY Holiday Party, Summer BBQ, and off-site Staff Retreat
- Annual RALLY Day of Action (Cesar Chavez Day)