Reporting to the Mental Health Services Manager, the Mental Health Services Intake Coordinator is responsible for administrative functions within The Center’s Mental Health Services Department as they relate to intakes and/or inquiries for services. These functions include, but are not limited to, training the intake team, intake administrative oversight, intake, and client support. Working with a multi-disciplinary team at The Center, responsibilities include recruiting, selecting and training mental health interns, selecting, training, and coordinating the intake department team, and overseeing and supporting intake functions with client inquiries, requests for service, and on-site and remote client engagement. Must be available to work weekends and evenings (until 9:00pm) regularly.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts phone intakes, screenings, and assessments for The Center’s mental health counseling program, including crisis triage as needed.
- Coordinates intake department schedules and provides training and support to intake team for consultation regarding referrals, resources, and scheduling.
- Assists community help desk and interdepartmental case managers with referring clients internally and externally to appropriate programs and resources.
- Maintains client files in accordance with all applicable federal, state, local and agency laws and protocols.
- Collects and analyzes client demographic data at the point of intake.
- Refers clients as appropriate to internal Center resources and services.
- Compiles and tracks intake data entry.
- Attends all required agency, and departmental meetings; including weekly interdisciplinary case consult meeting on Wednesday afternoons.
- Manages and keeps filing system current with HIPAA requirements.
- Documents services provided in accordance with funder requirements.
- Serves as Center representative at resource fairs, stakeholder meetings, and special events throughout community.
- Other duties as necessary or as assigned.
- Coordinate intake department schedules and provides training and support to intake team for consultation regarding referrals, resources, and scheduling.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- MA/MS/MSW in Social Work, Human Services, Psychology, Sociology, or related degree OR at least 4 years’ equivalent experience required.
- At least 1 year experience coordinating/managing social service programs preferred.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people and demonstrated exemplary customer service.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with people of diverse races, sexual orientations, ethnicities, ages, socio-economic statuses, immigration statuses, and genders.
- Knowledge of local community and governmental resources strongly preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, organizational, and computer skills required.
- Electronic Healthcare Record experience preferred.
- Expertise working with Microsoft Office required.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
- MFT trainees and MSW/MFT interns able to provide mental health therapy under clinical supervision, can earn BBS hours .15 of part-time hours.
Status: Part-Time (20 hours per week)/Non-Exempt
Probation: 90 days
Benefits: Paid Sick, Vacation, and Holidays, 401k with Employer Contribution, Optional Employee Critical Life/Illness and Legal Insurance