Public voting in the the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge has been postponed until Monday, July 13, 2020.
Check out the finalists!
Swipe Out Hunger is a nonprofit based in Los Angeles that partners with universities nationwide to end student hunger. The organization provides both innovative and common sense solutions to food insecurity on college campuses. Swipe Out Hunger’s flagship program allows college students to donate their extra meal credits to support food insecure students on campus. The organization has been called a “Champion of Change” by President Obama and its CEO was recognized on Forbes’ 30 Under 30 list for the program’s innovative work. Today, Swipe Out Hunger operates on more than 100 campuses across 37 states and has served 1.8 million meals.
For the summer 2020, Swipe Out Hunger’s Research & Development Lab is looking for a current college student looking to expand their portfolio as our Design Fellow. This person will receive a front-row seat to an all-hands-on-deck and high impact start-up nonprofit experience. The Design Fellow will design and execute the organization’s first ever Advocacy Toolkit. The toolkit will be a resource for the Swipe Out Hunger student network and the higher ed basic needs movement as a whole, including guides for effective advocacy, case studies of student advocacy nationally, and excerpts and guidelines of effective legislation. The inaugural toolkit will serve as an asset to the organization’s programs team for years to come. In addition, the Design Fellow will be assisting the Communications Department on designs across the organization to support its mission and impact
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Creates and designs materials for publication and distribution for both internal and external audiences, based on the current brand guidelines.
– Ensures brand standards are maintained across all projects.
– Develops designed materials, including one-sheets, reports and brochures to support various departments
– Produces digital designs including, but not limited to social cards, digital ads, infographics, email newsletters and presentations.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Excellent graphic design experience and skills
– Ability to translate content into digestible material
– Ability to create interactive design
– Adobe Suite experience
– Web design experience as well as interest in advocacy is a plus!
Compensation and Benefits
Work with an engaged, upbeat and collaborative team at the forefront of social enterprise. We work hard and encourage a balanced lifestyle.
Depending on the student’s availability, we are open to a fellow working 15 – 30 hours/week. The stipend will range from $500-$850/mo based on availability. The internship can take place from May 1, 2020 – August 15, 2020, but is flexible based on availability.
Send an email to [email protected] titled: “First Name Last Name – Design Fellow” so, “Michael Jordan – Design Fellow”. Please attach:
– Resume or CV
– 100 – 200 word blurb on who you are and why you’re excited about his position
– Link to your portfolio and/or projects you’ve worked on
Following initial review, select applicants will be invited to interview. References will be requested following a successful interview.