Position: Executive Administrative Assistant
Long Beach, CA
Exempt, Full-Time, Regular Position
Californians Together is a state-wide advocacy coalition with the goal of better educating 1.2 million English learners by improving California's schools and promoting equitable educational policy.
Californians Together seeks a dynamic, results-oriented professional dedicated to educational equity and who is interested in supporting the mission, vision, and ongoing development of the organization. Under direct supervision from the Executive Director, the Executive Assistant performs technical and specialized administrative support and oversight to various projects and performs related work as required.
Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
Provide high-level support to senior leadership:
- Organize and coordinate the daily calendar of the Executive Director and Deputy Director, including scheduling all appointments and facilitating logistics for meetings and travel
- Review and prepare advocacy, research and policy documents and briefs
- Provide support for organization projects and advocacy campaigns
- Perform clerical functions, correspondence, arrange conference calls and scheduling and take notes during meetings
- Provide coordination/administrative support on a wide range of initiatives beingled by senior leadership
- Track and manage preparatory and day-of activities for speaking engagements, workshops, including processing “paperwork” and working with the Communications Department to ensure presentations are prepared in advance
- Prepare expense reports and reconcile expenses for senior leadership
- Write email correspondence on behalf of the senior leadership
- Anticipate needs and potential complications before they arise; proactively prevent problems
- Assist employees with employment, leave, and benefit plan questions
- Prepare periodic benefit reports and notify insurance carriers of additions, deletions and changes to plan participant lists
- Other duties as assigned, dependent on organizational needs and employee skills
- This position requires a minimum of 3 years of experience in executive‐level administrative support; proven commitment to social and racial justice issues preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher preferred. Equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential job duties may be considered
- Demonstrated excellence in interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills are required. Ability to communicate with a high level of cultural fluency to engage diverse work groups, communities, and a wide range of institutional partners.
- Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to details are required. The ability to multi‐task various assignments, prioritize work, and adjust to multiple demands. Comfort working under pressure and tight deadlines
- Uses good judgment and discretion in determining matters of importance and information; provides, denies or asks for information in a tactful and friendly manner
- An intuitive ability to recognize and appropriately convey the sensitive nature of any situation and the ability to keep all matters appropriately confidential is mandatory
- Proven ability to interact well at all levels of an organization; able to work independently and/or as part of a productive team; has the capability to take initiative and follow assigned duties through completion
- Experience using MS Office and G Suite. Proficiency with conference calling, online communication (Skype, Zoom, Google , etc) and webinar technologies.
Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Includes full health, dental and vision benefits, holidays, vacation and sick days. Office is closed between Christmas Eve and New Year’s Day.