Apply to the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge today! Submissions are open now through April 3, 2020.
The Artistic Administrative Coordinator will primarily coordinate the administration of the Artistic department and artistic programs including, but not limited to, Block Party and the L.A. Writers’ Workshop. The Coordinator will support the artistic staff in a broad spectrum of special projects, programming, and general office support. The candidate must be able to participate in discussions of LA theatre, script analysis, and be highly organized, detail oriented, and have experience in a variety of administrative tasks.
1. Coordinate and facilitate the Block Party search process including organizing the selection panels, marketing and outreach for applicants, and reviewing applications
2. Facilitate visiting theatres’ collaboration with Center Theatre Group and assist with scheduling, updating forms and website information, and facilitate applicant meetings
3. Create and maintain database of submitted applications as well as oversee the data management of the applications in CTG’s patron management software, Tessitura
4. Assist Block Party team in orientation session for potential applicants
5. Communicate and answer any inquires with potential applicants
6. Attend and coordinate meetings pertaining to the program including all selection panels and internal project meetings
L.A. WRITER’S WORKSHOP:
1. Coordinate and schedule monthly meetings for the program
2. Communicate with playwrights about upcoming meetings, deadlines, etc
3. Facilitate meeting needs such as ordering catering, making photocopies, etc
4. Assist with research on guest speakers, and communicate with and schedule guest speakers as needed
1. Other duties include assisting with department administrative tasks: photocopying, data entry, research, coordinating meeting logistics, ordering catering, and mail merges. Also, maintaining database of key artistic program information in CTG’s patron management software, Tessitura
2. Administer various additional Artistic department programs as they develop
3. Maintain logging of script submissions in database, AirTable
4. Serve as primary communication frontline customer service on script inquiries and submissions
5. Coordinate script reader reports and invoices
6. Write script coverage on any submissions if asked
CTG provides a dynamic working environment in which duties and responsibilities may change. Employees are expected to be flexible and responsive to changes in the scope of their duties.
A. Knowledge and essential skills
1. Outstanding organizational skills
2. Strong familiarity with the theatrical landscape of the greater Los Angeles area
3. Strong written and verbal communication skills
4. Experience with various computer programs including Microsoft Word and Excel
5. Demonstrated experience managing a database
6. Strong preference of working knowledge of AirTable and Tessitura
7. Knowledge or experience in script analysis a plus
8. Previous work in the performing arts and particularly theatre strongly preferred
B. Minimum requirements
1. Detail oriented
2. Ability to be flexible and proactive while adhering to deadlines
3. Understanding of non-profit arts institutions
4. Ability to work some evenings and weekends
5. Available to attend meetings and events off-site
C. Education, Experience and Licensing
1. Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
All employees are required to pass a background check.
ABOUT THE PROGRAMS MENTIONED ABOVE
Celebrating Los Angeles Theatre
Block Party is a Center Theatre Group initiative focused on supporting and highlighting Los Angeles area theatres through the sharing of audiences, ideas, and resources. Los Angeles is home to over 250 theatre companies—including more small theatres than New York—featuring an abundance of talent, diversity, and ingenuity. To celebrate the vibrant theatre of our city, Block Party presents three recently produced productions from local theatre companies as part of the Kirk Douglas Theatre season.
Each Block Party production appears at the Douglas for a two-week run; Season Ticket Members receive tickets to one show with the option of adding additional shows.
Block Party was designed to strengthen relationships within our community, create additional avenues for Center Theatre Group to become familiar with local playwrights, actors, directors, and designers, and create conversation and collaboration between Center Theatre Group staff and the staff at companies throughout Los Angeles.
L.A. WRITERS’ WORKSHOP
The L.A. Writers' Workshop is a dynamic and talented community of playwrights at Center Theatre Group. Each year we invite seven local playwrights to spend a year researching and writing a new work with the feedback of their fellow writers and artistic staff.
After completing their residency year, each writer continues to be involved with CTG through events and activities designed to build community and support professional and artistic development. The program is designed to foster important voices, inspire playwrights to create their best work, encourage bold writing, and build relationships among local playwrights, Center Theatre Group, and the L.A. theatre community. Our growing community currently contains 103 playwrights.
Compensation is competitive and commensurate with qualifications and experience.
CTG also offers a comprehensive benefits package including retirement plan options; escalating paid vacation, paid sick, personal days and holidays. Full-time employees receive full health benefits including medical, dental, vision, flex spending accounts, employee assistance program, life, AD&D, and long-term disability insurance.
Sell yourself by writing a cover letter that describes why you’re the best person for this job. Send resume and cover letter, along with salary requirement to: [email protected]
No phone calls please. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.
Center Theatre Group is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, color, ancestry, disability, age, national origin, pregnancy, veteran/military status, genetic information or any other basis prohibited by law. Center Theatre Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance. We support, promote and embrace a diverse workforce.