Title: SR. PROJECT MANAGER (PM)
Community Health Councils (CHC) is a non-profit, community-based health education, advocacy and policy organization established in 1992 in response to the growing health and healthcare crisis. CHC is dedicated to social justice and equity in community and environmental resources for underserved communities. CHC has been on the cutting edge of public policy and program development, working to strengthen community participation and inform state and local policies that: (1) improve community health and education to achieve optimal health and healthy lifestyles; (2) ensure equitable access to quality healthcare services; (3) provide universal access to quality healthcare coverage and (4) eliminate health disparities. Our policy areas include Health Systems and the Built Environment. Each area represents a unique opportunity to engage members of impacted communities in program and policy development through a wide variety of community interventions and strategies as well as representation and leadership through the coalitions and collaborations convened. The organization has evolved to have a local, state and national, policy focus to improve the health of under-served and marginalized communities.
The senior project manager will have two primary responsibilities:
- Oversee CHC’s commercial real estate development, the South LA Hub, and be responsible for managing the project from development to implementation to completion. The Sr. PM will be in charge of preparing budgets, organizing schedules, designing layouts, managing teams and employees, and working with the project consultants. The Senior PM must hold extensive knowledge on relevant laws and safety standards to help ensure projects are always safe and within legal guidelines. They must also be aware of the impacts that any commercial real estate project might have on the environment and community. Previous experience in commercial real estate - including in a management role - is required for this position. Sr. PM should also have strong communication and interpersonal skills, as well as the ability to read layouts and blueprints;
- Work closely with heads of departments to achieve productivity goals, ensure effective and consistent use of Asana project management software, and contribute to the company’s overall success. As a key player in the management team, you will ensure that targets are completed on a regular basis and that all company rules and regulations are enforced.
The major components of this position include:
- Assembling and Supporting Project Teams: Depending on the project, either take a leadership role with an existing team, join, or create one. Get status updates to chart team progress, while reallocating resources as needed to avoid blocking team members or overburdening them.
- Time Management: Define, schedule and accurately estimate the task duration to develop and maintain a realistic schedule.
- Budget: Figure out the proper funding for a project and keeping the project within or under that figure will make or break a project.
- Quality and Satisfaction: Deliver to stakeholders what is expected or better by being in constant communications, reporting on progress and being open to their feedback.
- Manage Issues and Risk: Must be ready to tackle issues and work towards resolving them quickly, so as the project is not off-track. Risks are potential problems, ones that have yet to occur or might not ever. Regardless, the PM must figure out beforehand what the risks are and set in place a plan of action if they in fact occur.
- Monitoring Progress: To ensure the project is progressing as planned, PM must constantly measure it and compare those metrics against the plan created, including collecting project data, such as status reports from the team, to see if the actual progress of the project is meeting what was initially planned.
- Reporting and Documentation: Openly communicate with team and stakeholders. This documentation, along with all paperwork, must be collected, signed off on and archived by the end of a project.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee project activities and adjustments to ensure timely delivery.
- Coordinate and oversee work performance of general contractors.
- Manage project risks including mitigation and contingency plans.
- Direct move management, space planning and mobilization of new contracts.
- Maintain property data and create detailed work plans, schedules, tracking, project estimates, resources, and status reports.
- Plan and implement projects by defining project scope, goals and deliverables
- Define tasks and required resources, including managing, supporting and directing project team(s)
- Oversee Asana project management compliance of entire agency
- Support team members to achieve their targets and report at management team
- Develop dashboards and other tools to support agency project management
- Manage budget and allocate project resources
- Create schedule and project timeline to track deliverables
- Lead quality assurance
- Present to stakeholders reports on progress as well as problems and solutions
- Implement and manage change when necessary to meet project outputs
- Evaluate and assess result of projects
Education & Experience
- Project management certification (PMP) or equivalent
- Theoretical and practical project management knowledge
- Knowledge and proficiency of project management techniques and tools (Asana expertise a plus)
- At least 5 years’ experience as a project manager overseeing commercial development
- Experience in strategic planning, risk management and/or change management
- Critical thinking and problem solving
- Excellent decision-making and leadership capabilities
- Contract negotiation
- Conflict resolution experience
OTHER/GENERAL FUNCTIONS –Management Team:
- Be an active member of the Management Team.
- Participate in Board of Directors’ meetings by providing updates on the South LA Hub.
- Participate/assist in implementation of Strategic Plan.
Salary: $80,000 based salary, depending on experience.