Public voting in the the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge has been postponed until Monday, July 13, 2020.
Check out the finalists!
The Mayor's Fund for Los Angeles, founded in 2014, supports building a better quality of life for Angelenos by driving transformative change through public-private partnerships. The Fund drives collaboration with leaders and experts, cultivates our diversity, capitalizes on our creativity, and champions new ideas.
The Fund targets programs that are time-specific, impact-oriented efforts around priority areas by facilitating private resources to ongoing civic programs, as well as focusing on new, innovative solutions. The Fund embraces opportunities that take risks and carefully measures results to be data-driven, efficient and accountable. The Fund is built on the idea that building cross-sector partnerships will help make Los Angeles the safest, most prosperous, most livable and best-run big city in the world.
POSITION: VolunteerLA Intern
LOCATION: Los Angeles City Hall, 200 N. Spring Street, Los Angeles
DATES: March 23, 2020- July 31, 2020
REPORTS TO: Karcy Bowles, Director of Volunteer Engagement, VolunteerLA
VolunteerLA is a program of the Mayor’s Office aimed at promoting and facilitating volunteerism throughout Los Angeles. VolunteerLA works with City programs and nonprofit partners to develop and promote diverse volunteer opportunities to constituents. The primary role of an intern is to provide part-time office support focused on social media content creation and management. Other tasks may include drafting letters, responding to inquiries, conducting research, working events, and doing outreach. We are seeking a high-capacity college intern with a passion and skillset for content creation and management.
The intern will be part of a small team and most of their tasks and projects will be desk-oriented. Interning for the Mayor’s Fund for Los Angeles is an excellent opportunity to gain professional skills and experience recognized by philanthropic and non-profit organizations.
▪ Create and manage social media and newsletter content
▪ Maintain consistent and frequent communication with Director
▪ Employ innovative strategies to grow user participation and growth on social media
▪ Serve as a point of contact for partners and the public
▪ Attend and assist with occasional meetings
▪ Support website data tracking and reporting
▪ Assist with event preparations and outreach
▪ Draft letters and inquiry responses
▪ Other tasks as assigned
▪ Excellent writing and editing skills
▪ Strong analytical skills, responsive problem-solving, creativity
▪ Ability to manage time effectively and differentiate between short and long-term projects to meet deadlines
▪ Demonstrate professional communication in person, over email, and on the phone
▪ Be comfortable sitting and working at a computer for long periods of time
▪ Experience with Canva, Twitter, Instagram, Google Drive, and Microsoft Suite
▪ Be a self-starter and comfortable asking clarifying questions
▪ Experience with research and/or data management (preferred)
Schedule: 8 - 15 hrs/wk (must be available to work for at least 4 hours on Mondays)
EDUCATION: Preference for rising undergraduate seniors and Master’s students.
Interested applicants should send their resume and cover letter, along with a minimum of one example of content created for Twitter/Instagram, to [email protected] and [email protected] Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. Please put VolunteerLA Intern 2020 in the subject line of the email.