Position: Community Resource & Volunteer Coordinator
Reports to: Community Outreach & Operations Manager
Salary: $16.50-$18.00 DOE
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, Paid Sick, Vacation, and 401(k) with Employer Contribution, Optional Life/Critical Illness Insurance
The Community Resource & Volunteer Coordinator (CRVC) provides daily administrative support to The Center’s operations, volunteer staffing, community resource acquisition, special events, and program management. Under the guidance of the Community Outreach &
Operations Manager the CRVC will be responsible for growing and coordinating a diverse volunteer corps including recruitment, training, placement, supervision, and recognition. The CRVC will also represent The Center and its programs through external and internal communications including social media, e-newsletters, and community outreach. Must be available to work weekends and evenings.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Creates content and updates all Center social media accounts with relevant and engaging information; supports development of annual communications plan.
- Produces monthly Center e-newsletter and bi-monthly volunteer e-newsletter.
- Maintains, updates, and distributes/posts agency resources (external referrals, bulletin boards, flyers, publications).
- Initiates billing and maintains proper documentation and filing of outreach, education, support group, and volunteer activities as required by program funding sources.
- Assists with office management, implementation of procedures, records management and collection, and reporting of statistics and funding contracts.
- Serves as Production Assistant during special events and supports event logistics, volunteer coordination, technical support, and communications.
- Coordinates with Facilities Coordinators to ensure proper cleanliness and safety of building and parking lot. Reports necessary maintenance and improvements as needed.
- Participates in new-hire onboarding, including systems training and procuring and disseminating business cards and name tags.
- Processes room reservation requests with supervisor’s guidance.
- Volunteer Resource Management
- Responsible for the recruitment, screening, interviewing and training of new volunteers.
- Identify Center needs and place volunteers appropriately, in consultation with the Community Outreach & Operations Manager.
- Leads bi-weekly Volunteer Info Sessions and all scheduled training sessions.
- Conducts consistent outreach to grow volunteer program.
- Serves as the day-of contact for volunteers during special events.
- Provides daily supervision to volunteers at the Front Desk.
- Processes, evaluates, and reports program effectiveness and efficiency.
- Creates and initiates volunteer acknowledgments and recognition events.
- Develops and administers systems to train and support staff in effectively managing their program volunteers.
- Program Administration
- Distributes, collects, and analyzes program surveys and reports concerns as needed.
- Answers inquires and receives applications for new programs.
- Collects and conducts data entry for all programs.
- Communicates with program participants should any cancellations or changes occur.
Desired Qualifications, Experience and Skills:
- Outgoing personality with high level of comfort meeting new people; ability to quickly build strong relationships.
- Demonstrated experience providing exemplary customer service in a fast-pace environment and maintaining professional boundaries while serving with compassion.
- Excellent written and oral communication across a variety of platforms/styles (social media, e-newsletters, print, and personal discourse)
- Comfortable learning new technologies. Strong computer skills required.
- Experience with donor database software (Salesforce) and e-newsletter software (MailChimp) preferred.
- Experience with graphic design preferred.
- One-year customer service and/or administrative experience required.
- Two-years supervisory experience (staff or volunteers) required.
- Demonstrated experience working with diverse populations required.
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Evenings and weekends required. This position involves a weekly Saturday shift.
- Bilingual English/Spanish preferred.
We are looking for someone who enjoys engaging with people: both individually and in groups, working with the public and other stakeholders, and is willing to learn about promote services available to the Long Beach LGBTQ community.
Candidates who have previous experience working with communities of color, community-based organizations, socioeconomically disadvantaged populations, and/or LGBTQ populations preferred. Regular evening and weekend availability required.
The LGBTQ Center of Long Beach is an equal opportunity employer. Applications are encouraged from anyone regardless of their race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender identity, marital status, religious creed, sexual orientation, or age.