Apply to the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge today! Submissions are open now through April 3, 2020.
LA Commons works to create cultural connections within and across LA neighborhoods through cultural programs and the creation of temporary works of public art created by youth and professional artists that share the unique stories of LA neighborhoods. (www.lacommons.org)
Reporting to the Executive Director, LA Commons’ Special Projects and Events Manager plays a key role in external relations activities and meets our need for a flexible team player who can manage a wide variety of projects and events, often within the realm of fund development. Much of this employee's portfolio centers on leading teams from initial conception of a project to its successful completion and depends on excellent project management abilities including defining project milestones and deadlines and coordinating internal and external teams, and contractors in meeting organizational goals and expectations. The job requires balancing creativity with logistics, financial planning, and vendor management as well as multitasking and balancing big-picture concerns like venue and contractor selection with details like décor and meal planning, and effectively utilizing resources and personnel.
● Lead the development of project concepts and plans, often in concert with other team members;
● Create and manage budgets;
● Negotiate contracts with vendors and oversee the fulfillment of the agreements;
● Handle logistics for meetings, community gatherings and programs, fundraisers and other kinds of events;
● Oversee décor and event programming, creation of print materials and on-line invitations
● Effectively liaise with staff, stakeholders, public and private partners, sponsors, vendors, etc.;
● Coordinate additional staff and/or volunteer support for events when needed;
● Work closely with other fundraising and marketing team members to jointly define project goals and analyze post project metrics;
● Communicate effectively with other staff and partner agencies;
● Other duties as assigned.
Skills, Knowledge, or Other Requirements
● Exceptional organizational skills with strong attention to detail;
● Excellent interpersonal communication skills;
● Ability to initiate and complete projects and assignments with minimal guidance;
● Proactive approach to handling issues and trouble shooting problems;
● Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet and presentation software, Adobe creativity products and other internet applications;
● Strong sense of professionalism and willingness to work with others;
● Interest and experience in the arts;
● Have own transportation;
● Flexibility to work with both organizational and community time schedules; the work includes after school and weekend time.
Please complete this Google form including the submission of your resume and cover letter.