Apply to the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge today! Submissions are open now through April 3, 2020.
The Music Center convenes artists, communities and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural lives of every resident in Los Angeles County. The non-profit performing arts organization has two divisions: TMC Arts and TMC Ops. TMC Arts, The Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round programming inside The Music Center’s four theatres, on The Music Center Plaza, outside at Grand Park—a 12-acre adjacent green space—and in schools and other locations all over Los Angeles County. TMC Arts presents world-class dance with Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center, free and low-cost public concerts and events, as well as K–12 arts education programs. TMC Ops manages the theatres, the Plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles. The Music Center is also home to four renowned resident companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale, LA Opera and LA Phil. For more information, visit musiccenter.org. Follow The Music Center on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @MusicCenterLA.
The Marketing and Communications Department has an immediate opening for a, Marketing and Advertising Coordinator.
The Marketing and Advertising Coordinator provides support to the Marketing and Communications Department in the implementation and coordination of a range of administrative, advertising, marketing and logistical services.
The Coordinator will work closely with the Assistant Vice President of Ticketing and Marketing Strategy on all advertising and marketing initiatives supporting The Music Center’s dance series, Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center. This includes but is not limited to support for advertising, ticketing, budgeting and production of printed programs.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES & RESPONSITILIBITIES:
• Work with Associate Vice President of Ticketing and Marketing Strategy to develop and
manage the marketing campaigns for Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center.
• Maintain advertising calendar to track all purchased media placements and incorporate trade media placements when appropriate.
• Execute approved media buys for the dance series, including procurement of media schedules, rates, placement of approved advertising and fulfillment as it relates to trafficking assets to vendors.
• Cultivate and maintain relationships with advertising and media partners.
• Work with graphic designer to create all marketing and advertising assets.
• Facilitate internal and external approval process of all marketing and advertising assets.
• Oversee the design and production of the printed programs for the dance series.
• Track all advertising expenses to ensure all projects stay within budget.
• Stay abreast of new advertising platforms and products and make recommendations for improvements that will help increase sales and brand awareness.
• Process internal and external ticketing requests.
• Support the department on projects and at Music Center events and performances as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
• Strong project management and organizational skills.
• Critical-thinking and problem-solving skills, as well as creativity, to support the development of marketing plans.
• Ability to effectively communicate information and ideas in a highly professional and effective manner in both written and verbal formats.
• Team and committed collaborator.
• Professionalism and effectiveness in communications of all forms.
• Good technical understanding and ability to learn new techniques quickly.
• Bachelor's degree in marketing and communications or related field preferred.
• Experience working with arts organizations, museums or other comparable cultural institution is highly desirable.
• REQUIRED: Experience with MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint).
• Experience with Tessitura, Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, etc.) and Prezi a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
How to Apply:
To be fully considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectation to: [email protected] or fax (213) 972-0721.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER