Proposals in the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge will be showcased on Monday, April 13, 2020.
The Music Center convenes artists, communities and ideas with the goal of deepening the cultural lives of every resident in Los Angeles County. The non-profit performing arts organization has two divisions: TMC Arts and TMC Ops. TMC Arts, The Music Center’s programming engine, provides year-round programming inside The Music Center’s four theatres, on The Music Center Plaza, outside at Grand Park—a 12-acre adjacent green space—and in schools and other locations all over Los Angeles County. TMC Arts presents world-class dance with Glorya Kaufman Presents Dance at The Music Center, free and low-cost public concerts and events, as well as K–12 arts education programs. TMC Ops manages the theatres, the Plaza and Grand Park on behalf of the County of Los Angeles. The Music Center is also home to four renowned resident companies—Center Theatre Group, Los Angeles Master Chorale, LA Opera and LA Phil. For more information, visit musiccenter.org. Follow The Music Center on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter @MusicCenterLA.
The Music Center is currently in search of a Digital Programming Manager to join the Marketing and Communications Department.
Reporting to The Music Center’s Marketing and Communications (TMC Marketing) Department, The Music Center’s Digital Programming Manager will work with The Music Center’s program team, TMC Arts; The Music Center’s Operations team (TMC Ops), TMC Marketing and The Music Center’s resident companies (Center Theatre Group, LA Phil, LA Opera, the Los Angeles Master Chorale) to procure and manage content for the interactive display experience in The Music Center Plaza Welcome Center, as well as content designed for the large-scale display screens on The Music Center Plaza. This position requires a broad skillset, with significant technical, design and managerial responsibilities.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
• Acquire, maintain, update and schedule all media for the Plaza screens display system using The Music Center’s custom Content Management Systems (CMS) created for these screens.
• Manage the content request/update process to ensure all content is timely and up-to-date based on agreed-upon and approved timelines.
• Ensure that all media content meets The Music Center’s brand guidelines for style, messaging, tone and quality.
• Supervise the physical media server environment: collaborate with internal and external teams for audio/video systems troubleshooting, including managing The Music Center’s software and hardware maintenance contracts and relationships with Music Center equipment suppliers and AV integrators.
• Provide recommendations as needed for troubleshooting, enhancements or improvements to the CMS products or workflow.
• Establish and document best practices, procedures and style guidelines for Music Center screen content.
Content Acquisition and Production
• Oversee and coordinate the sourcing and/or production of all media content for the display systems – including written/narrative materials, still and motion graphics, still photographs and video.
• Identify and source content across the entire Music Center organization – including resident companies and other appropriate TMC stakeholders as per policy outlined by TMC Marketing.
• Work with external partners to acquire media content – including artists, arts organizations, media vendors and other Music Center collaborators – as relevant to the intent of both the interactive screens and the large-scale display screens.
• Consolidate media from the variety of sources and transcode, edit or otherwise reformat video,
graphics and text content for proper output display on presentation screens.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.
• 5+ years of work experience working with multiple teams and deliverables.
• Ideal candidate will have Spanish language competency (written and verbal).
• Ability to work effectively and with grace under time pressure and with an aggressive delivery schedule.
• Highly organized with strong time management skills and attention to detail.
• Self-motivated, independent, creative.
• Collaborative team player, with excellent people skills and ability to engage on all levels of the organization.
• Strong language and writing skills.
• Strong graphic design and production skills.
• Deep understanding of digital media production workflows – from pre-production through post-production and finishing.
• Experience/expertise with the following tools and platforms:
— Adobe InDesign
— Adobe Photoshop
— Adobe Premiere
— Adobe Lightbox, ACDSee or other image management software
— Microsoft Office Suite (including MS Teams and Sharepoint)
— VPN, VNC and other remote access software and protocols
PREFERRED SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES INCLUDE:
• Graphic design experience.
• Experience with digital signage software (e.g., Brightsign or similiar).
• Experience with CMS software (Wordpress, Squarespace or similar).
• Basic familiarity and understanding of A/V routing and distribution hardware/software.
• Basic familiarity and understanding of network architectures (LAN, vLAN, TCP/IP protocols, etc.)
• Experience working with an arts organization and/or non-profit organization a plus.
Commensurate with experience.
To be fully considered for the position, please submit a cover letter, resume and salary expectation to: [email protected] or fax (213) 972-0721.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER