Apply to the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge today! Submissions are open now through March 27, 2020.
The Annual Fund Associate assists the Director of Annual Giving in strengthening and expanding an over $5 million annual giving program. She/He supports the Director and collaborates closely with Advancement colleagues, as well as volunteer leadership, as they grow and cultivate a culture of philanthropy among Crossroads parents and alumni.
Essential Job Functions:
• Under the direction of the Director of Annual Giving, helps to identify, retain, educate, and evaluate potential annual giving volunteers
• Assists with production of solicitations, volunteer updates, caller training tools, thank-you cards, stewardship pieces, videos, and board presentations
• Coordinates and schedules phonathons, volunteer meetings and donor thank-you events, working with Advancement colleagues and the school’s master calendar.
• At regular intervals, analyzes and presents data regarding dollars raised to update Director of Advancement, Development Committee and other volunteers
• Processes incoming donations, working collaboratively with other Advancement team members
• Works with database manager to produce reports regarding annual giving progress to goals
• Maintains, updates, and revises records in School’s database as necessary or upon request, in collaboration with Advancement services. This includes the regular review and approval of caller notes from parent volunteers.
• Attends evening and occasional weekend events as needed, including phonathons, donor stewardship dinners, caller training events, grade-level parties, and other school functions. This includes some overtime work
• Assists the Director in production of the annual report, including generation and proofreading of lists, and outreach to donors to confirm desired listings
• Maximizes corporate matching gift donations among current donors by regularly reviewing matching employers and our donor database
• Working with the Director, develops stewardship plans for annual giving
• Conducts prospect and donor research as needed or requested by Director
• Other tasks and projects as assigned
Required Qualifications: (Skills, experience, education/certification, etc.)
• Bachelor’s Degree
• 1-3 years of development experience, preferably in annual giving; background in independent schools preferred
• Strong organization and communications skills
• Excellent editing ability and attention to detail for written communications and data accuracy
• Fluency with Microsoft Office
• Knowledge of Raiser’s Edge preferred
• Sitting for long periods.
To be considered one must apply through our employment website at www.xrds.org/page/about/employment click on the apply link in the Annual Giving Associate job posting