Title: Artistic Associate
Classification: Non-Exempt; Part-Time
Reports To: Artistic Director
Summary of the Job:
The Artistic Associate will provide administrative and creative support to the Artistic Director of Boston Court Pasadena with a focus on supporting multi- discipline season planning, creating and programming community outreach events, and implementation of various programming endeavors.
Season Planning Participation and Support (65%)
- Provide administrative and creative support to the Artistic Director of Boston Court Pasadena including but not limited to note-taking during artistic meetings, writing program notes and other artistic communications, grant research, etc.
- Ongoing participation with the artistic and literary teams in season planning for the organization which includes participating in programming musicians for 30 concerts a year, a three-play theatre season, a New Play Reading Festival, an Emerging Artist Festival, and other engagement events that happen yearly on a more ad-hoc basis
- Connecting with and organizing musicians and other artists for rehearsals/concerts
- Read and report on scripts that are being considered for the annual New Play Reading Festival and/or productions.
- Scheduling and implementation of ongoing Illuminations series (talkbacks, conversations with various artists, or other experts speaking on related topics) for Boston Court productions and concerts. This includes but deciding on content in conjunction with artistic staff.
- In rotation with artistic staff, moderate discussions with panelists for talkback series.
Artistic Outreach (35%)
- Assist the Artistic Director with ongoing relationship building within the community; making deeper inroads with local community centers, colleges and schools, creating more local programming.
- From time to time act as the spokesperson for Boston Court Pasadena and Boston Court’s Artistic Director.
- Participate in creating, curating, administering ongoing engagement events, one-off evenings of music or theatre or related that are more nimbly responsive to events going on in the world and are programmed at will during the year.
- Attend productions and performances as requested by artistic director.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Passion for the arts
- Strong organizational and people skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to multi-task and keep many balls in the air with grace and good humor
- Individuals with professional experience in music or theatre strongly encouraged to apply. Experience in music of any genre, either as practitioner or administrator, and/or with play production, new play development, or community organizing a plus.
- Schedule is somewhat flexible but some nights and weekends will be required.