About LA2050 and the Goldhirsh Foundation
Our mission at the Goldhirsh Foundation is to identify the brightest emerging talent and plug them into the tools to best support their success. We fund social innovation efforts across these three areas: opportunity, sustainability, and activation and awareness, with a particular focus on Los Angeles. The largest initiative of the Goldhirsh Foundation is LA2050, which is driving and tracking progress toward a shared vision for the future of Los Angeles. LA2050 seeks to engage and activate Angelenos to shape the future of the region and make LA the best place to learn, create, play, connect, and live by the year 2050.
To help achieve our mission, we would like to add a full-time assistant to our team. We’re looking for someone who is hyper-organized, driven, dynamic, and passionate about all things Los Angeles. We are hoping to hire some to begin in January 2020.
- Proactively manage the president’s calendar by reviewing correspondence and answering meeting requests directed to the president; developing itineraries; arranging meetings; managing event logistics; and booking travel and transportation.
- Coordinate all elements of meetings: prepare relevant information, greet guests, oversee employee and visitor parking, handle catering, perform research, record meeting minutes, and ensure follow-up.
- Arrange organizational events and functions, including managing guest lists and coordinating logistics with vendors.
- Collaborate with foundation staff to research and prepare remarks for speaking engagements and meetings.
- Serve as office manager, maintaining office supplies, organizational systems, filing, and incoming and outgoing mail and shipments.
- Complete special projects as needed and under the direction of the president and foundation staff.
- Handle general administrative tasks for the president and foundation staff including management of grant agreements and reports.
- Maintain accurate filing system (e.g., Dropbox, Google Drive).
- Perform research and record meeting minutes as requested by staff.
- Maintain the jobs boards on our websites.
- Assist with the curation, creation, and scheduling of content for social media channels, including Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
- Provide support on reporting and analyzing content performance and engagement across social media channels in a way that results in action.
- Assist with the logistics and implementation of the 2020 My LA2050 Grants Challenge.
The Executive Assistant should ideally possess the following professional qualifications and personal attributes:
- Exceptional professionalism, follow-through, and interpersonal skills.
- Highly organized and detail-oriented.
- Clear and succinct communicator who also conveys confidence and enthusiasm when communicating with partners, grantees, vendors, and colleagues.
- A flexible, enthusiastic approach to work, including the humility and grace to work effectively with others in a collaborative workplace; a strong relationship builder and team player.
- Personal characteristics include high energy, inquisitive, self-motivated (able to anticipate needs without being asked), sense of humor, resourcefulness.
- Interest in the social sector and philanthropy.
- Bachelor's or associate’s degree required. Some office experience preferred.
- Strong writing ability that can be applied to various formats such as blogs, promotional language, reports, and correspondence.