The Community Center of La Canada Flintridge is seeking an experienced Executive Director. The position requires leadership skills and fundraising expertise. Relevant education and recent experience in a leadership and managerial role in an established organization is required. The position requires running an administrative office, facility management, daily financial oversight, and dealing with diverse participants.
REPORTING AND STAFF
- The Executive Director reports directly to the Board of Directors. Must be able to work independently and under the general direction of the Board of Directors.
- Direct Reports include the Preschool Director, Ceramics Director, Program Director and administrative staff.
- CCLCF has full- and part-time staff, contract instructors, and volunteers. This position requires management responsibilities of a supervisory nature. Candidate must be capable of performing basic concepts related to personnel management including supervising, hiring, training and evaluating full- and part-time employees and instructors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board of Directors, providing financial, departmental, program, and staff updates.
Mission and Activities:
- Promoting CCLCF’s mission of providing a place to meet, grow, learn and thrive. Responsible for program oversight, safety issues, and collaboration with Directors and instructors to create new and exciting programs for participants of all ages.
- Responsible for the planning, management, implementation of CCLCF programs and the daily operations, including fiscal management, special events, and fundraisers.
- With the assistance of CPA, prepares annual budget, projections, monitors revenue and expenses, prepares payroll, and completes financial reports as required.
- Works with outside CPA firm to complete annual 990 form.
- Oversees fundraising plans and implementation, including identifying prospects, researching funding sources, creating fundraising strategies, writing proposals, and keeping required records and documents.
- Oversees the LCF Preschool (and staff) and works with Director on budgets, staffing, events, fundraisers, and student and parent issues. Acts as the liaison to the Parent Board. Works directly with the Parent Board treasurer to ensure proper financial planning and reporting.
- Oversees the Ceramics Department (and staff) and works with the Director on budgets, staffing, events, fundraisers, and participant issues.
- Oversees Program Director and works with the Director on program activities, schedule, facility rentals, and fundraisers.
- Manages human resource functions for the organization.
- Oversees the management and schedules repairs of the facility, including keeping the front office and public spaces tidy and safe to ensure to a welcoming atmosphere for the community/participants.
- Coordinates and schedules 1099 contractors. Ensures contracts are up to date, in compliance, and accurate. Oversees accurate and timely payment to contractors.
- Nights and weekend hours may be required for supervision of special events, camps, and seasonal programs.
- Creates and manages intricate facility schedule for CCLCF programs, parking, special events, and facility renters.
Community and Government Relations:
- Assures the organization and its mission, programs, products and services are consistently presented in a strong, positive image to La Canada Flintridge stakeholders.
- Promotes and maintains positive community relations while efficiently and professionally responding to questions, inquiries, and complaints from the general public.
- Serves as ambassador / liaison to community organizations and local government entities – including actively engaging and being visible in the community and collaborating with other professional, and civic organizations.
- Serves as information source for community members and guests on policies and general information.
- This position is an outward-facing role, where the candidate must establish and maintain effective and collaborative external relationships with participants, donors, volunteers, and other community stakeholders. This person will be a compelling and credible advocate in written and oral communication, both one-on-one and in group settings.
- Incumbent must exhibit professionalism while performing daily activities. Continue to create a service-oriented atmosphere where community members/participants feel comfortable.
- The successful CCLCF Executive Director is expected to demonstrate effective communication and administrative skills, leadership, strong organizational skills and the ability to be sensitive to the needs of guests/participants.
- Microsoft office and knowledge of communication and social media platforms for promoting CCLCF events and programs.
- Positive customer service attitude; ability to train staff on customer service concepts.
- Event management (logistics) and fundraising experience (securing sponsors) for annual special events such as Thanksgiving Day 5K and Memorial Day weekend fundraiser.
- Hands-on leader and learner.
- Strong organizational abilities including planning delegating, decision-making and reporting.
- Knowledge of fundraising strategies and donor relations unique to a nonprofit in La Canada – with the goal of increasing CCLCF’s fundraising efforts to achieve greater sustainability and financial security.
Parks and Recreation or Community Center experience preferred
Additional training may be required (e.g. safety, CPR, AED, state preschool regulations)