Los Angeles County Department of Public Health
Division of Chronic Disease and Injury Prevention
Tobacco Control and Prevention Program
Monthly Salary: $6,429.00
Fully Paid Medical/Dental Insurance
Contract through June 30, 2020
The following provides a general description of duties and a more specific description of requirements for the Evaluation Coordinator. Please note that the summary of responsibilities and required abilities identified below are not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
This position will contribute to expanding research and evaluation needs and the rapidly growing demand to complete publication deliverables. The position will develop evaluation designs, manage data, and conduct data analysis and supervise the day-to-day operations of the evaluation component. This position will coordinate the planning, design and implementation of research and evaluation plans to conduct evaluation investigations and fieldwork related to the various grant priority areas. The position will also supervise the Evaluation Analyst, as needed.
- Train and supervise technical (e.g., master- and/or doctoral-level) and clerical personnel in connection with the research and evaluation projects of Proposition 56;
- Coordinate the planning, design, conduct, and interpret evaluation and original research related to chronic disease prevention and control including health impact assessments;
- Assist the Evaluation Lead with oversight of grants and cooperative agreements that support epidemiologic/research/evaluation studies on chronic disease, nutrition, and health conditions;
- Monitor the management and tabulation of large datasets from ACCESS databases for use in SAS and ARCVIEW GIS and maintain an inventory of computer equipment and software licenses;
- Supervise data analysis (e.g., univariate, multivariate analysis, etc.) to test research and/or evaluation hypotheses and the effects of public health programs on population health;
- Assist the Evaluation lead with the program-wide preparation of scientific manuscripts, conference abstracts, and web-based reports documenting original research and evaluation; and
- Assist with grant development in terms of study design, data collection and power calculations, editing, tabulation, and analysis.
- A Master’s Degree from an accredited college or university in a specialization in epidemiology or its equivalent -AND- three (3) years of experience in designing, conducting, and evaluating epidemiologic studies and field investigations.
- A valid California C Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job- related essential functions.
- A Ph.D. or other doctoral degree from an accredited college or university with specialization in a field of the of behavioral science, health policy, public policy, experimental science, implementation science, social science, health services research or an equivalent discipline;
- Qualitative research skills.
- Experience in conducting semi-structured interviews, developing codebooks, coding interview transcripts utilizing Atlas.ti,, analyzing interview data and writing reports of findings.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Peer-review publication track record;
- Experience in SAS, Stata, and other statistical software programming;
- Experience in supervising data management and analysis; and
- Experience in leading study design and study implementation.