Door of Hope is a Christian, faith-based nonprofit that equips families experiencing homelessness to rebuild their lives.
The Manager, Homelessness Prevention Program reports to the Program Director and is responsible for administering Door of Hope’ Prevention Program. The primary goal of the Prevention Program is to identify families who are imminently at risk of homelessness and provide them with financial assistance and/or case management to help them stabilize and retain their housing. This person exemplifies Door of Hope’s core values: Christ-Centered, Holistic, Compassionate, Relational, and Excellence.
- Seek and enroll 4-5 eligible families each month for homelessness prevention services, totaling a minimum of 50 families annually
- Coordinate intake process, providing crisis intervention and referrals for participants as needed
- Provide 6 months of case management for each client, either directly or by supervising social work interns who will provide this case management
- Build and maintain strong relationships with different agencies to holistically address the needs of participants
- Expand and grow program by identifying new partnerships that increase referrals and funding opportunities
- Provide rental assistance, either through internal Door of Hope funds or by partnering with other agencies with available funding
- Maintain client files and documentation while tracking progress made toward promised outcomes
- Perform any other task necessary to support the mission of Door of Hope
- BSW or MSW, strongly preferred
- 1-3 years of experience in case management, strongly preferred
- Strong character reflecting Door of Hope’s Core Values
- Bilingual Spanish, strongly preferred