The mission of the Carl & Roberta Deutsch Foundation is to improve the quality of life of present and future generations by funding programs that empower people to reach their fullest potential, strengthen communities and promote the health of our society. The Foundation funds primarily in Los Angeles County.
The Foundation seeks a full-time Administrative Assistant to carry out a variety of administrative and program support activities related to the Foundation’s grantmaking and general operations. The Administrative Assistant will be a be a positive ambassador, representing the values of the Foundation. This is an administrative position that works out of the Foundation’s offices in Santa Monica.
• Provide general office support, such as filing, copying, mailing, answering phone calls, and greeting visitors.
• Support foundation trustees and program staff with meeting preparation, scheduling, and documentation.
• Assist with planning and logistics of events, conferences, and retreats.
• Process office related invoices and expense payments.
• Provide ongoing support to and with activities related to the Advisory Committee as needed.
• Coordinate office support services including serving as liaison for technology, office supplies, and other vendors.
• Assist with travel arrangements of staff and trustees as needed.
• Manage administrative aspects of grantmaking by creating grant files, sending applicant materials, processing incoming grant applications, and drafting grantee correspondence. Ensure accuracy and quality of all documents.
• Coordinate production of meeting materials and other foundation communication pieces, such as docket books and agendas.
• Manage grantee requirements due, ensuring timely submission of reports and grant documents.
• Process incoming interim and final reports.
• Maintain required records for grantees, including hard files and GivingData database.
• Arrange details and logistics of site visits.
• Screen all incoming calls and requests for information from organizations seeking funding.
• Undertake special duties as assigned.
• Very high attention to detail required. Ability to produce high-quality, accurate work in all facets of position.
• Bachelor’s degree and a minimum of 3 years paid professional experience, preferably in a foundation/nonprofit setting, required.
• Excellent written and oral communication, organizational and interpersonal skills. Ability to communicate effectively and professionally in writing and in person.
• Efficient and capable of effectively prioritizing, multi-tasking, and managing multiple projects with multiple deadlines and prepare deliverables on time and of high quality.
• Takes initiative and can work well independently and as part of a team. Ability to manage work assignments and responsibilities with minimal direct supervision, while also working collaboratively in a small team environment.
• Resourceful and able to problem solve and reason with minimal or no direction or supervision.
• A positive, proactive attitude with a high level of flexibility. Ability to be self-reflective and receive constructive feedback.
• High level of professionalism, diplomacy, discretion, and confidentiality.
• Passion for the non-profit sector preferred.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite required and experience with GivingData preferred.
• Thrives in a small team environment, strengthening and valuing close, working relationships with Foundation staff, Trustees and grantees.
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. Paid vacation and sick leave, medical insurance, and parking provided.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to [email protected] with “Administrative Assistant” in the subject line. Only submissions providing all of the requested information will be considered. NO CALLS, please.
The Foundation is is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes a diverse candidate pool.