About the Organization: Women In Film is a nonprofit organization dedicated to promoting equal opportunities for women, encouraging creative projects by women, and expanding and enhancing professional development and sustainability for women in all forms of media. Founded in 1973, Women In Film advocates for and advances the careers of women working in the screen industries – to achieve parity and transform culture.
Over the past two years, the conversation about women in film and television has reached an all-time high. We are at an unprecedented tipping point and our challenge is to move from talk into action by implementing solutions that will have a tangible impact and increase the number of women in front of and behind the camera.
About the Position: We seek a full time Director of Development to lead a team of Board and Staff responsible for raising $3.5 million annually, with a goal of increasing to $5 million in the next five years. This position will work closely with the Board of Directors, composed of corporate and film/television executives, who leverage their relationships to support the organization. The Director of Development will create and implement an institutional fundraising strategy that includes Membership, Major Gifts, Annual Gala, Corporate Partners, Government Grants and Foundations. This position reports to the Executive Director and supervises Director of Corporate and Foundation Giving, Development and Communications Coordinator, and consultants as needed.
- Develop and execute a comprehensive development strategy and metrics-based reporting.
- Work with the Board of Directors, specifically the Development Committee, to engage current and prospective major donors with a focus on gifts of $10,000 + annually.
- Maintain a portfolio of major donors that you identify, cultivate, solicit and steward; support and manage the portfolio of the Executive Director.
- Manage the Director of Foundation and Corporate Giving who oversees corporate partners, grants and foundations, as well as Gala table and tribute journal sales.
- Oversee database and tracking for all contributors including WIF members.
- Develop effective fundraising messages and tools for members and major donors in collaboration with the Communications Manager.
- Collaborate with the Manager of Operations and Events on all fundraising related events.
- Oversee fundraising elements of the WIF Annual Gala to include: auctions, major donors, on- site donation, table and tribute journal sales.
- Understand WIF’s mission and goals to effectively research, monitor, and identify new potential sources of funding.
- Undertake projects and duties as assigned by the Executive Director.
- Minimum of ten years of demonstrated success as a front-line fund-raiser, with increasing levels of responsibility and success. Executive level expertise in individual major donors/gifts and experience with corporate sponsors and grants required.
- Relevent experience working in the entertainment industry and ability to navigate the industry to fundraise.
- Proven track record of meeting and/or exceeding annual revenue goals and well-honed skills in developing long-term individual cultivation and solicitation strategies.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills; a high level of comfort with direct donor interaction, including discussions of personal and family finances.
- Excellent prioritization and organizational skills; ability to manage several projects simultaneously and to succeed under pressure.
- Strong knowledge of fundraising platforms, integrated database systems, MS Office Suite applications including Powerpoint and Excel and GSuite.
- Understanding of basic accounting principles and fund development tracking.
- Ability to take initiative, be creative, work well independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to be both engaging and professional when making presentations at events and meetings.
- Ability to relate, establish and cultivate respectful relationships with people from diverse backgrounds
- A Bachelor’s degree or higher in a related field.
- A genuine interest in Women In Film’s mission and the ability to articulate it to a wide audience, as well as a general understanding of the entertainment industry.
This is an Exempt/Full-Time Year-Round position that reports to the Executive Director.