Position: School and Community Outreach Manager
Classification: Full-Time, hourly
Reports to: Chief Program Officer
395 Santa Monica Place, Santa Monica, CA 90401
At ShareWell, we cultivate brave and generous thinkers. Through arts, immersive play and real-world action, we guide children and youth to recognize injustice and possibility within their communities and beyond, and to take meaningful, collaborative and collective action to create a better future. ShareWell is comprised of two main initiatives: the Cayton Children’s Museum in Downtown Santa Monica and youTHink, an innovative youth development program.
The School and Community Outreach Manager oversees the cultivation, development, and implementation of school and community partnership programs. Under the supervision of the Chief Program Officer, this position researches the local and regional arts education landscape to identify meaningful collaborations and partnerships for the Cayton Children’s Museum, both in and out of school settings. This position relies on extensive knowledge of building community partnerships, both at the local neighborhood/community level and at the policy structural level, understanding how advocacy can help build strong and sustainable partnerships between key entities.
- Research potential partnerships for the museum that create opportunity and access to children and families.
- Organize partnership opportunities according to region, need, type of programming, and services.
- Design comprehensive educational offerings for museum’s school and community programs including school tours, Cayton on the Go, field trip offerings, and community engagement initiatives.
- Ensure continued growth of field trips and school tours programs working with school districts, community organizations, early childhood centers, and other stakeholders in order to promote and schedule these programs.
- Set education programs and schedules to coordinate with school calendars to ensure effective program delivery.
- Maintain proper use of database, registration processes, and evaluations for educational programs.
- Manage museum program budget development and oversight, identifying annual achievable earned income revenue goals.
- Oversee hiring, training, and supervising of school tours staff, Cayton on the Go facilitators and teaching artists, and staff needed for other external programs.
- Work closely with Education and Visitor Experience team to coordinate museum programming and ensure integrated learning experiences of general museum guests and school groups.
- Develop and maintain standards-based curriculum including but not limited to curriculum guides, resources for educators, web content for schools and lesson plans for field trips.
- Conduct observations and provide feedback to teaching artists, educators, facilitators, volunteers, and interns.
- Evaluate data and evaluations and consult with Chief Program Officer to make appropriate programmatic adjustments based on feedback.
- Work with Development team to craft grant narratives and supporting material.
- At least 3 years’ experience working in environments serving children and families.
- At least 3 years’ experience in a related management role supervising a team of people.
- Maintain pedagogical knowledge of best practices in Early Childhood Education and state and national core standards, and CA Visual and Performing Arts Standards.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Excellent analytical/critical thinking.
- Ability to interact positively with people and team of different backgrounds.
- Fluency in spoken and written Spanish preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years or older.
- Must pass background check.
- Move around an office and museum spaces to access cabinets, office machinery, etc.
- Lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must have the ability to walk, stand, kneel, balance, crouch, crawl, sit, run, talk and hear
- Make substantial movements (motions) of wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Must have reliable transportation and valid Driver’s License