A position for someone passionate and intelligent who envisions building a national movement to inspire the success of young people across America through sports.
Program Coordinator, Up2Us Coach
Los Angeles, California
About Up2Us Sports: Up2Us Sports is a coalition of more than 1000 nonprofit organizations that believe in the power of sport to fight childhood obesity, end academic failure, and reduce gang participation by empowering youth with the skills they need to make good choices and to be physically active. Up2Us Sports provides its coalition members with resources, services, and technical assistance that help them better deliver and expand quality sports-based youth development programming in some of the nation’s most underserved communities. Up2Us Sports’ flagship program is Up2Us Coach, a national coach/mentor program that places, trains, and supports coaches to provide meaningful experiences to youth in a variety of sports programs. This year, Up2Us Coach will place more than 350 coaches in 150 community-based organizations to positively impact 50,000 young people.
JOB DESCRIPTION: Up2Us Sports: Los Angeles is seeking a Program Coordinator to join our team. The Program Coordinator will serve as a point of contact for Up2Us Sports Staff, Coaches and the programs in which they serve. This person will ensure that the Up2Us Sports program in LA is properly supported and maintains quality services and deliverables. The position is based in Los Angeles and will report to senior regional staff.
- Act as the primary point of contact for Up2Us Sports administrative/accounting needs in the Los Angeles area
- Monitor compliance of coaches and program sites to ensure consistency with criteria established by funding sources, the Up2Us Sports mission, and the Up2Us Coach program
- Maintain physical and electronic records of Up2Us Coaches and program sites at the office and in organization’s internal database
- Conduct beginning and end-of-term site visits for all coaches and additional site visits throughout the year as needed
- Deliver trainings including orientation for coaches and program staff
- Assist with organizing regional trainings, events, and other special initiatives
- Coordinate activities for coaches and other stakeholders, i.e., Service Days, coach professional development, socials, etc.
- Support Call for Partnerships (CFP) process such as soliciting and grading applications from host sites and making recommendations for how to allocate coach force (host site recruitment)
- Cultivate new relationships with youth sports programs across the region and assist in increasing Up2Us Sports membership
- Support Up2Us Coaches and host sites in successful monitoring and evaluation collection and reporting
- Bachelor’s Degree required
- A minimum of two years of experience in a nonprofit or similar organization
- Ability to pass background checks (FBI/CA/NSOPW)
- Must be able to work on a team, but also be self-motivated; experience working with remote teams preferred
- Must be able to comfortably travel throughout Los Angeles, whether with own vehicle or via public transit
- Significant experience in working with underserved youth, especially in a youth sports setting
- Understanding and interest in both theory and practice of sports-based youth development
- Experience in collaborating among various stakeholders
- Superior interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Computer literacy and well-developed technology skills
- Experience working with federal and/or state grants preferred, but not required
- Spanish, preferred but not required
$36,000 - $42,000
Health, dental and other benefits, including generous leave time
A dynamic, fun, exciting, and flexible work atmosphere with a team of professionals dedicated to supporting underserved youth through sports