The Social and Public Art Resource Center (SPARC), a public art non-profit in Venice, California seeks an organized, collaborative, and problem-solving Administrative and Development Associate. An ideal candidate will have experience and skills in a wide variety of administrative and development duties, including maintaining the organization’s budget and expenses, working in development, contract management, and interfacing with clients and partners. The Administrative and Development Associate will provide key administrative support in both large and small scale projects related to public art, fundraising, and day-to-day operations.
Duties and Responsibilities
● Management of the organization’s budget and expenses
● Supporting the creation of estimates for projects and programming
● Administration of two e-commerce stores
● Oversee a small, rotating team of interns and volunteers
● Development of fundraising events
● Manage and implement systems and practices to increase SPARC’s productivity and efficiency
● Manage building facilities, working with staff and building tenants
● Manage relationships with key clients and community partners
Requirements and Qualifications
● Bachelor’s degree
● Minimum of two years of experience in administration and development
● Minimum one to three years of experience with grant writing / fundraising
● Knowledge of project management software, invoicing software, and G Suite (word processing, spreadsheets, online forms, and data management), and store management software (such as Shopify)
● Familiarity with Photoshop and Wordpress are a plus
● Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to collaborate
● Excellent time-management skills with the ability to meet multiple deadlines
● Experience working with diverse populations and a passion for social justice
● Experience working in the arts and / or the nonprofit sectors is a plus
In your cover letter, please describe your relevant skills and work experiences that give us a sense of how you would contribute to SPARC’s growth and success. Additionally, include skills and abilities that may go beyond the requirements but are relevant to SPARC’s mission and/or programming.
When selecting your writing samples, prioritize ones that you wrote independently or, if created in collaboration, note which sections you wrote. Writing samples can be fundraising, grants, proposals, or other publications related to the field.
Please submit the following to [email protected]
● Cover Letter
● Two to three fundraising/grant/proposal writing samples
Incomplete applications will not be considered. Due to the volume of applications, we may not be able to respond to each candidate.