The Department of Recreation and Parks is recruiting for Museum Guides, who are part-time, at-will employees who work up to a maximum of 1040 hours per year at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium.
Do you want a job that is fun and rewarding? Would you like the opportunity to work with students from various grade levels? Then come join the Ocean Outreach Team at the Cabrillo Marine Aquarium! We are currently looking for energetic individuals that want a job where they can have a positive impact on student learning.
What will you be doing? As an Outreach Instructor, you will be bringing an engaging Marine Biology experience to schools throughout Southern California, teaching students ranging in age from preschool through middle school. You will learn to set-up and maintain a portable saltwater touchtank, care for live marine animals, and work in a dynamic team atmosphere.
The ideal candidate:
• Should have a strong interest in working with children & in the field of Marine Biology.
• Effectively communicate and engage with students of all ages.
• Must be able to work well independently and as part of a collaborative team.
• Applicants must be at least 18 years of age and in good physical condition.
• Must possess a valid California Driver’s License and a good driving record.
• Should be able to work at least 2 full days; between Tuesday and Friday.
(approx. 15-20 hours per week)
Interested applicants please email your resume and cover letter to: [email protected]