ORGANIZATION AND POSITION OVERVIEW
The Program Director of AmeriCorps is responsible for all aspects of the planning, execution, and reporting of the AmeriCorps program. Reporting to the Executive Director, the Program Director of AmeriCorps will recruit, train and supervise AmeriCorps Members (ACM) for the successful completion of the AmeriCorps grant goals and objectives. The Program Director will play a leading role in guiding, motivating, and managing staff and program partners in a collaborative and school-based environment.
The AmeriCorps Program Director is a full time (40 hours/week) remote position located in the Greater Los Angeles Area.
The individual must have experience supervising personnel as well as experience planning, directing and overseeing an organization's programs and budgets. (S)he will have proven decision-making experience in a highly collaborative environment and a strong ability to build effective partnerships across teams.
Major Responsibilities and Duties will include but are not limited to:
● Collaborating with the Executive Director to ensure the successful implementation and success of the AmeriCorps Program
● Supervising to ensure EnCorps and AmeriCorps policies and procedures are observed, and to provide support and guidance as needed
● Providing coaching, mentoring, and inspiration to both staff and AmeriCorps members to execute the service model in the rigorous pursuit of student academic growth
● Upholding program and service-based operating policies and procedures consistent with the EnCorps’ culture and desired results
● Building relationships with critical stakeholders, including school administration and staff, to advance our work
● Coordinating the development of AmeriCorps Program with the Executive Director and Program Partners
● Retaining knowledge of and adhering to federal, state, grant and EnCorps policies and guidelines
● Communicating on a regular basis with Program Partner leadership and Site staff to ensure consistent and quality services are provided by the AmeriCorps Members
● Recruiting, onboarding, and retaining AmeriCorps Members for the full term of service
Training and Professional Development
● Conducting and managing AmeriCorps Members’ service orientation
● Conducting monthly program partner clusters meetings
● Ensuring AmeriCorps Members attend a minimum level of professional development training as determined by the California Volunteers AmeriCorps grant guidelines
● Assessing needs and recommending strategically needed program training
● Systematically audit STEM Expert Tutors data entry to ensure proper execution of AmeriCorps Members’ services
● Prepare monthly service reports detailing AmeriCorps Members’ service hours and progress towards program grant objectives
● Ensure on-time and adequate reporting for funders and grants.
● Conduct a minimum of two site visits per ACM team each semester
● Identify potential programmatic problems, analyze issues and extrapolate appropriate solutions to strengthen service
● Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment on significant matters directly related to the EnCorps programs and partnerships
● Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
● Ability to work in a fast-paced, fast-changing environment and be multi-tasked oriented
● Exhibit a commitment towards the missions of EnCorps and AmeriCorps
● Ability to understand and implement the AmeriCorps logic model and grant goals and objectives
● Demonstrates grit, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a growth mindset
● Ability to successfully lead staff and program partners with a culture that values evaluation and data-informed program assessment
Successful candidates will also demonstrate
● Knowledge of the local public education community
● Outstanding interpersonal, relationship building, and teamwork skills
● Ability to consistently display a high level of professionalism in all interactions with program partners
● Responsible for assigning member duties and managing and supervising all AmeriCorps Members
● Responsible for supervising and managing a part-time Program Coordinator
• Participate in required AmeriCorps state training
● Participate in other professional development opportunities as related to their position
● Assist the Executive Director in conducting planning and evaluation activities for the EnCorps AmeriCorps program
● Collaborate with Program leadership to ensure Site Coordinators are equipped to provide supervision to AmeriCorps Members
● Perform other duties as assigned by the Executive Director
● Experience with AmeriCorps programs
● Minimum of three years’ successful relevant work experience in a governmental, non-profit or private sector delivery organization
● Bachelor's Degree (Required)
● Master’s Degree or Teaching Credential (Preferred)
Must have a reliable car to conduct school site visits.
AMERICORPS IS A NATIONAL COMMUNITY SERVICE PROGRAM FOCUSED ON INCREASING CIVIC ENGAGEMENT AND POSITIVELY IMPACTING COMMUNITY ISSUES
Please submit a resume and thoughtful cover letter, outlining how your skills and experience meet the qualifications of the position and stating how you heard about this opportunity to [email protected] Please include “ AmeriCorps STEM Experts Program Director” in the subject heading, as well as your name.
Applications will be accepted until October 8, 2019 and we expect the incumbent to start no later than October 21, 2019. We review applications on a rolling basis until the deadline, so it is to your advantage to apply as soon as possible.
EnCorps is an equal opportunity employer and does not make hiring decisions on the basis of race, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, or any other factor irrelevant to doing fantastic work.