The Development Manager would join a driven and collaborative team with the goal of helping to grow the organization’s fundraising infrastructure at a critical time for the organization. The Development Manager would report to and work directly with the CEO.
Job Responsibilities Include:
– Work closely with CEO to develop and manage strategy for individuals and foundations
– Develop LOIs and grant proposals
– Support CEO with foundation program officer relationships
– Work with Director of Programs on development of Grant Reports
– Manage donor database and donor life cycle
– Take logistical lead on special events related to donor engagement and fundraising
– Collaborate with Communications Manager for donor facing communications
– Cultivate individual donors and partners through consistent communication
– Manage timely acknowledgement process for donors
– Identifying and supporting recruitment of members
– Logistical support for meeting preparation
– Inform and help facilitate the board’s development committee
– Manage office inventory, such as thank you notes, collateral, etc.
– Manage team email account and assign those messages to other team members as necessary
Supporting the mission and day-to-day execution of what needs to move the organization forward. As a start-up, the team is “all hands on deck,” doing whatever is necessary to meet the goals. Accordingly, this position will include general admin and operations responsibilities such as database management, inventory management, and conference planning.
The Ideal Candidate:
– Bachelor’s Degree is required
– 1-3 years of experience cultivating donor relationships or working with foundations
– Outstanding relationship skills– you naturally build relationships with people
– Strong communication skills– you know the importance of a well-crafted email
– Experience with donor databases
– Experience in sales is a bonus
– Organized, detail and solution oriented
– Resilient and undeterred by rejection
– You’re a self-starter and are comfortable with the dynamic start-up workplace culture
– A team player who is willing to do what it takes– no job too small or big
Compensation and Benefits
Full time position. Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience. Work with an engaged, upbeat and collaborative team based in Downtown LA. Be mentored by a leading national social entrepreneur.
Hours are flexible. Unlimited vacation and PTO. We work hard and encourage a balanced lifestyle. Team lunches and an office full of snacks. We offer health insurance options or health insurance reimbursements.
Send an email to [email protected] titled: “First Name Last Name – Development Manager” so, “Michael Jordan, Development Manager”. Please include:
– Resume or CV
– A 100-200 work blurb on who you are and why you’re excited about his position.
Following initial review, select applicants will be invited to interview. References will be requested following a successful interview.
Application deadline: 12/5/2019