Established in 1987, The “I Have A Dream” Foundation – Los Angeles is the only educational organization in Los Angeles that sponsors entire grade levels of students in underserved communities and works with them for 10+ consecutive years: from elementary school through high school graduation and beyond. Students receive IHADLA’s year-round services of in-school, after-school, and summer school academic, social, and emotional support.
The Communication and Administration Coordinator will execute a wide range of communication and administration duties including maintaining the organization’s website, creating blog posts and other online content, and assisting in writing and creating presentations for the CEO. The coordinator will also be responsible for assisting in creating marketing materials, overseeing and facilitating website updates, and handling social media. In addition, the coordinator will assist in planning and executing events as needed and will be responsible for office functions such as maintaining phones and computers, scheduling meetings, troubleshooting IT hardware and software, and any other executive office function as needed.
Reporting Relationship & Evaluation
The Communication and Administration Coordinator reports to the CEO and assists the marketing and development team and CFO.
- Process, record, and acknowledge all donations and grants the foundation receives.
- Collaborate on presentations and materials including fundraising decks, collateral materials, and marketing, strategic, and operating plans.
- Assist in event planning and execution as directed.
- Schedule and plan committee meetings and board meetings. Includes scheduling conference room, confirming attendance, ordering food, and taking minutes at appropriate meetings as designated by the CEO.
- Assist CFO and marketing/development executive with light bookkeeping.
- In collaboration with the marketing, programming, and development executive, oversee the solicitation of interns as needed.
- Collaborate with the Development Executive to write, produce, edit and publish online newsletters and other communication materials.
- Willing to perform additional duties if needed.
- Work with the Marketing Executive and the program team to create engaging and informative blog posts that incorporate effective SEO (Search Engine Optimization) strategies. This process includes light photo editing.
- Oversee and manage content updates across the organization’s website and social media platforms (Twitter, Instagram, Facebook).
Skills and Experience Required
- College degree required
- Familiarity with WordPress (especially Yoast SEO plug-in and Social Warfare plug-in) and good website maintenance principles
- Familiarity with SEO (Search Engine Optimization)
- Familiarity with social media platforms and social media marketing best practices
- Skilled in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, Excel)
- Skilled in Constant Contact or other e-mail marketing software
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to communicate with tact and empathy
- Ability to work effectively across departments in a highly participatory and collaborative environment
- Excellent writing skills (business and creative writing)
- Ability to think strategically and find creative solutions to problems
- Ability to stay organized and prioritize effectively