Want to join an amazing, fun, creative, collaborative team and a healthy, employee-focused work culture? The Gabriella Foundation (TGF), www.everybodydance.org, a non-profit organization, was established in 1999 in memory of Gabriella Axelrad, a thirteen-year-old who loved to dance. The organization's mission is to transform the lives of underserved youth in Los Angeles through high-quality dance instruction. Come be a part of the TGF family and make a difference in the lives of thousands!
TGF's original program, everybody dance!, began as a free after-school dance program in 2000 in an affordable housing project near downtown Los Angeles. Today, it is an award-winning program (we were presented with a National Arts and Humanities Youth Program Award by Michelle Obama in 2014) that serves over 4,000 students annually in both in-school and afterschool settings as the leading provider of high-quality dance instruction in the city's impacted, underserved communities.
Everybody dance! is in search of a Saturday Dance Office Registrar as the main staff member on site to oversee weekend dance and family business in designated dance studios and to work the reception desk. S/he will provide excellent customer service to parents and serve as an ambassador of the everybody dance! program. The regular schedule for this position is Saturdays 9:30am – 12:30pm, throughout the annual dance season which runs from September 2018 to June 2019. There may be an increase in hours if classes are added, and also during various event seasons, such as orientation and registration in August and the annual recital in June. This position would also be eligible to be on our substitute list for other dance offices if interested.
Location: Downtown Los Angeles, in the Fashion District.
- Customer Service and Reception: Demonstrate expert knowledge about the program, hold students and parents accountable to all policies, and answer questions as an ambassador of the program. Greet and wait on parents and students with a warmly and professional demeanor. Answer incoming calls and respond to all emails and calls in a timely manner. Support annual program orientations and registration, oversee parent volunteer service hour responsibilities, manage family accounts, assist with field trip and event coordination as assigned, and direct traffic on the campus and to dance studios. Provide dance instructors and parents with critical information or news. Collaborate and communicate effectively with all program staff.
- Administrative Duties:
- Payment Processing: Process payments for tuition and fees in the forms of cash, check and cards through a Square Register system. Prepare bi-weekly or monthly deposits.
- Data Entry: Enter all payment transactions, attendance and service hours into various trackers and a family database daily, according to agreed-upon data-entry protocols. Keep family records updated and inform families about overdue balances. Add entries to the ongoing student lottery lists.
- Inventory and Ordering: Track inventory of office, janitorial supplies and merchandise and report inventory needs for bi-weekly orders, in collaboration with the Mon-Fri Registrar.
- Facility Management: Maintain a clean and orderly appearance of allocated dance spaces including studios, dance office desk and supplies, outdoor areas used by parents, etc. Assume responsibility for any volunteer duty that is not accomplished and supervise parents who are in service.
- Previous administrative or clerical experience
- Proficient computer skills and use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel primarily)
- Experience working in a setting with students, parents/guardians and family members
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and customer service skills
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge and love of the arts, especially dance
- Able to work at a desk, walk around to check on studios and occasionally lift small boxes weighing up to 25 lbs.
- Bilingual in Spanish
- Preferred: Experience with Mac computers, Studio Director or other database software, Square Register or other payment processing systems.
Compensation: Hourly rate of $14-15